XXV

Nico's PoV:

I watch Will and the officers for a while they talked. I wish I knew what they were talking about. After a few minutes, Jenny walks towards me. I turn my gaze to the wall so it doesn't seem like I was staring at them.

"Hey."

It's just a simple hello.

"Hi," I said, my voice faint. I definitely should get some water.

"How are you doing?" She asks softly, bending down to my level.

I shrug. "I've been better."

"I'm sure," she says, sighing. "Do you want some water or something? You don't look too good."

I laugh humorlessly. "Thanks. Yes, I guess I would like water." I stand up for the first time in what feels like hours.

Jenny stands up, too. Seeing as it's my house, I walk towards the kitchen, with Jenny I assume following behind. After I get my water, I turn back around. Jenny is waiting patiently.

"Oh, um, I don't suppose you want some?"

She shakes her head. "No, thank you."

It's silent while I drink my water. She makes no attempt at conversation, so I don't either. When I'm finished, I get another cup. And another. I guess I was thirstier than I thought.

Once I finish the third cup, I put it in the sink. Jenny raises her eyebrows.

"Thirsty?"

I shrug. "Apparently." My voice doesn't sound as bad.

She studies me for a moment before speaking. "I didn't want to ask you before because you didn't look too good, but now. . I'd like to ask you some more questions, if you don't mind."

I nod.

"Alright." She pulls the notepad she's been writing in and a pen out of her back pocket. "First question. . When were you born?"

"January 28th, 2000."

She nods, writing that down. "Do you know where your mother is?"

My chest tightens. The memory replays in my head, the sound echoing in my ears.

Your fault.

"Nico?"

I swallow. "She. . . She d-died when I was young."

Jenny frowns. "I'm sorry to hear that. Could you tell me her name?"

I take a deep breath. "Maria di Angelo."

She nods, writing that down. "Let's move on. Do you have any siblings?"

Siblings.

I close my eyes.

You killed her and Bianca. Why are you still alive?

What makes you the better child?

Why don't you just end it now?