III

Will's PoV:

After school, I run outside to try to look for the pale boy that was staring at me. I felt him staring the entire class.

Once I'm outside I see him.

I rush toward him. "Hey!" I yell. It doesn't get his attention. "Hey!" I yell again, and this time he turns to face me.

Once I make it to him, I stop running.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced," I say.

"We haven't been introduced at all," He mumbles.

"Well, let's change that. Hi. I'm Will Solace.

"Nico di Angelo."

I can't help but admire the name. Nico.

"Well Solace, it wasn't nice meeting you." He turns and stalks off.

I sigh. I go back to the bushes where I put the bike. Surprisingly, it's still there.

I pick it up, and ride, going home.

I'm riding home when I see Nico again. I slow my pace down and start riding next to him.

"Well, look at this."

He turns his head and looks at me. "Are you stalking me?"

"How could I be stalking you?"

"You're following me."

"No, I'm not stalking you. This just happens to be my way home. And I'm not following you."

"Whatever," He says, a hint of jealousy in his voice. What would he be jealous of?

"I think you're jealous that you have to walk home and I'm riding a bike."

He looks at me, annoyed. "I'm not a fifth grader, Will. I'm not gonna be jealous of a bike."

"It really looks like you're jealous."

"Oh my god Will, what would I be jealous of?!" He yells.

"Sheesh. You don't have to yell."

"You're making me mad, and when I'm mad, I yell!"

"Calm your horsies di Angelo. Sorry."

"You're forgiven. And I'm sorry too," He says quieter.

"You're forgiven as well."

I came to a stop, because we had made it to my house. "Well, guess this is goodbye. For now."

He groans. "Don't tell me you're gonna follow me tomorrow?"

"Time will tell," I say teasingly. "Are you gonna be okay with the homework? Mrs. Elgort makes sure it's hard."

Nico sighs. "I'll be fine," He says.

"Not too sure. If anything, say your dog ate your homework. It usually works the first few times. Especially since you're new," I tell him.

"I don't even have a dog."

"And the teachers don't know that."

"Hmm. I'll do fine with the homework, Solace. And I'm not gonna say my dog ate my homework."

I sigh. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Yeah, whatever. Bye."

"Bye Nico."

He turns and starts walking. I keep watching him until he disappears. I put the bike back in my neighbors yard, and go inside my house, can't help thinking about Nico, and how he's so sure the homework will be fine.

"Good luck di Angelo," I say to myself.