XXIV

Will's PoV:

The female officer leaves Nico and goes to the male one that is talking to Persephone. She waits patiently until the male officer finishes what he's saying to Persephone then begins to speak. She talks quietly, murmuring into the male officer's ear and showing him things she has written on a notepad. He nods to everything she says, some things paired with frowns.

Once the female officer finishes talking, he says something. Her eyebrows shoot up and she says something and goes back to Nico.

I look at him. He's sitting against the wall with his eyes closed. I wonder what he's thinking about. . .

Probably about how much he hates you.

I close my eyes for a moment before opening them.

Don't think like that.

She says something and he opens his eyes, looking at her. She says something else that causes Nico to close his eyes. He opens them and says something. She raises her eyebrows and looks at me.

I hold my breath.

She looks away, shaking her head with a slight smile and writes something on the notepad she's been writing in. Once she's finished, she says something to Nico and goes back to the male officer.

I assume she's telling him what she's just found out, and whatever it is is causing them to keep glancing at me.

Suddenly, there's another knock on the door.

"That should be them," the male officer murmurs.

Them?

He goes to the front door and opens it, revealing more police and an ambulance.

"W-what's going on?" Nico asks. He looks scared. He looks to the female officer. She goes to him quickly, whispering quietly.

After a minute, he nods softly. She smiles at him and stands up, going back to Persephone.

I watch as people come inside the house with a stretcher which I assume is for Hades. I forgot about him, fortunately. Unfortunately, now I remember.

My theory proves to be correct when they walk towards Hades with the stretcher, Persephone watching fearfully. It takes a minute, but they get Hades onto it.

As they push him back outside to the ambulance, the female officer walks up to me.

"Hey," she says. "I don't think I introduced myself. I'm officer Morrison, but you can call me Jenny."

I nod in response.

"Listen. ." She starts. "Nico told me about what happened with you and Hades. I have to say, it wasn't smart to fight Hades the way you did, but I also must admit that you did it for a good reason." She looks at Nico with a small smile. "Good job." She puts her hand on my shoulder briefly and turns away.

I'm left with my mouth hanging open. Did a police officer just say that I did a good job fighting Hades? Granted, she also said it wasn't smart, but still said good job nonetheless. Today has been filled with surprises.

I look around and see Persephone is being escorted to the back of the ambulance with Hades, seeing as she insisted as his wife that she just had to go with him. Now it's just me, Nico, Jenny, the male officer, and a few others. I look at Nico. He's staring at his knees, and it looks like he's shaking. I wonder if I should try to talk to him. . .