Chapter 13

13: Awoken by You

Leah’s Point of View

Tumayo ako at umupo naman sa bakanteng space sa kama niya. Then I bend myself, closing the gap between him and me, until there’s no space left.

“I love you, Clark.” I whispered, planting a sweet passionate kiss on his lips.

I slowly open my eyes as I slowly widen the gap again. But, oh my god!

I was shocked when I saw his eyes slowly opening. Tears of happiness start to come out of my eyes. I covered my mouth to suppress the sounds I could make.

In just a blink of an eye, I am already hugging him tightly.

“Clark! Thank God you’re already awake! I was so worried!”

“Leah...”

“Hmmm?”

“I love you, too.”

Napahiwalay ako sa kanya. “Y-You heard me?”

OMG. If he heard my “I love you” to him, then he felt my kiss too. Oh my gosh. I can’t believe myself.

“Yes. I was already conscious when you were singing the last verse of your song. And I noticed that you sang the same song 8 years ago –” He paused, giving me a playful smirk. “— and I noticed too that you kiss better now.”

I feel heat rushing to my cheeks. Oh my god, Clark! I hate you! Is it necessary to add that? Geez.

I was broken out of my trance when I felt both of his hand on each of my cheeks. He gently pulls himself towards me. Then, he started to kiss me and I kissed back.

His kiss is full of longing, love and passion. I locked my hands on his nape. And we kissed until we ran out of breath.

He leaned his forehead on mine. “I love you.” he said, grinning.

“And I do too.” I replied.

I hop out of his bed and used the intercom. “The patient is awake now.”

My attention returned to him when he spoke. “So, are we back together now?”

It is my turn to smirk at him. “Nah. Court me first, idiot.”

“What? Why? We both know we will end up being together. So why bother?”

I smack his arm. “Baka! I want to experience the courting stage too! And you never courted me!”

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry. I will court you everyday even if we get married! I promise!”

“You said the same thing 8 years ago! And you just played with me! How will I know if you are really serious with me this time?”

Bumaba din siya sa kama at nilapitan ako. He placed both of his hands on my cheeks. “Leah, do you trust me?”

I nodded and he smile. “That’s nice to hear. Don’t worry I won’t rush you. Even if it takes decades before you answer me. I don’t care. Because I love you, Leah.” He kissed my forehead and hugs me.

Then the doctor and the nurses came. We are forced to separate because of them. Shete! Panira sila!

“Oka—Oh! I’m sorry! Did we just—Oh crap!”

Natawa na lang ako dahil napamura pa siya. Lol.

“No, it’s okay doc.” Clark said.

“O-Okay. Anyway, we’re going to do some tests on the patient so please go out for a while ma’am.”

Ginawa ko ang sinabi niya. Nakakapagtaka nga lang dahil wala na sila tita.

Tinawagan ko na lang ang kuya ko at nagpabili ako ng damit para kay Clark. Pagkadating ni kuya, lumabas naman ang doctor.

“Base sa lagay niya ngayon, pwede na siyang ma-discharge.”

“Okay doc. Thank you.”

Umalis na ang doctor.

“Why? What happened?” my brother questions.

“Kuya, I got kidnapped by Clark’s enemies.”

“What?!”

“Yeah. And Clark saved me but he got wounded that’s why he got hospitalized and he needed type AB blood and I donated mine.” I explained.

“Are you hurt?”

I shake my head. “Nope. Not even a millimeter of my body hurts. But, you know, onii... I realized something. Mahal ko pa si Clark.”

***

After, Clark got discharged, I received a call from Rhianne and I answered it.

“Hello?”

[Oh my god! Leah, thank god you are finally awake! Anyway, how is Clark?]

“He’s already discharged.”

[Great! Come quickly to the delivery room!]

“Huh? Bakit nanganak ka na?”

[Gaga! Next month pa nga ang kasal namin ni Dave tapos nanganak na agad ako?! Si Marie nanganak na!]

Mas lalong sumaya ang loob ko. Finally, after 9 months, nanganak na ang best friend ko!

Pumunta na kami sa delivery room and there we saw my best friend holding a baby. Their baby. Our friends are also with them.

We walk towards them. We greeted them for the birth of their first baby. They all glance at our direction then their eyes widen.

“CLARK?!” they all asked, surprised.

Well, who won’t be surprised? Hours ago he was still unconscious and now—he is already standing in front of them, grinning... and holding my hand.

Wait–he’s holding my hand?! And then I realize, his fingers are intertwined with mine. Oh my god! How in earth did I not notice that?!

Before they could even look at our hands, I already loosen up my hold.

“So, what’s her name?” I asked innocently.

I saw in my peripheral vision that Clark is smirking. Damn you, Clark! I love you so damn much! Charr!

“She is Mariah. Mariah Trenyce Sanford.”

“Wow. What a sweet name.”

“Thanks.” Marie grinned devilishly. “But anyway, why are you guys holding each other’s hand?”

They look at us. It is obvious Marie is referring at us.

My jaw dropped mentally as the thought sinks in. Crap! How did Marie saw that?!

“E-Eh? Wh-What are you talking ab—”

I was cut off when Clark suddenly pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheek.

“Heh. Good news everyone! Because today, I, Clark Sanford, courts Leah Rodriguez officially!”

Naghiyawan sila. Ako naman napayuko dahil alam kong namumula na ako. Geez.

***

And there! Nagliligawan na ulit sila! Hahaha. Sorry kong late na ang pag-update ko. Busy kasi ako. You know, school works? Char.

So yeah, are you guys happy for them? Hahaha