Chapter 17

17: Unspoken.

Leah’s Point of View

Hey babe! Let’s meet later. I’ll wait for you at **** Cafe. I’ll be there at 3 pm.

I smile as I had read Clark’s message.  Yey! We’ll meet again! I check the time. 1 pm. Okay. I have enough time to prepare.

Tumayo na ako sa couch at umakyat papuntang kwarto ko. Pumasok ako sa bathroom at naligo.

I wrap myself with the towel. Agad akong nagtungo sa walk-in closet ko at naghanap ng damit at sapatos na masusuot. I changed into them, grab my purse, keys and cellphone and head out of my room. I waved my mom goodbye before going out of our house. I get in my Audi and drive towards our rendezvous.

I reached the cafe 3 minutes past 3 pm. Oh crap! I’m late!

I quickly park my car and rush into the restaurant. My eyes scan the whole interior of the restaurant to see if Clark is already here. But, no sign of him. Great! He’s late. He was never ever late when it comes to our meet-ups. This is his first and this must be his last.

Yay life.

An hour already passed and he’s still not yet here. I called the waitress again. She walk towards me.

“Iced coffee and a slice of strawberry cake please.”

I finished my food then check my phone again. Still, no message and call from him. Time passed. I checked the time, only to see that it is already 5:30 pm.

Damn.

Will I leave now? I want to but I hesitated. Asan na ba kasi si Clark?

My eyes glanced to the door when I heard it open. There, I saw Clark rushing to me. He sat first before apologizing continuously.

"Where were you?!" I burst. Oh well, I'm sorry, but I'm pissed off!

"Babe, I'm sorry. Our manager extended our practice time!"

"And you did not even text me?!" I asked him, disbelief coloring my voice.

"She was holding our phones." he explained.

I flinched, taken aback of what he just said.

"S-She?" I managed to say. "Who?!"

"Relax. She's just our new manager. Nothing else."

"Your new manager is a girl. You didn't even bother to tell me. How nice of you." I am sarcastic now.

"And you made me wait here for fvcking  hours because of that goddamn woman who collected all your crappy phones and who extended your practice time. Wow, great! Just great!"

I turned my back on him with one swift move and walk out. The crowd who managed to surround us with their eyes without me knowing all looked away and get back on their own businesses.

I was stopped by Clark's arm which circled my waist. He pulled me towards him.

"I'm sorry, baby. I promise I won't ever make you wait again." he whispered with his husky voice.

I removed his grasp and faced him.

"Why did you not tell me about her?" I asked calmly.

"Because she's not worth being talked about." he answered.

He looks sincere, though. Just by looking at him, I can feel as if anger left me. He cupped my cheeks and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Am I forgiven now?"