Chapter 11

11: Kidnapped

Leah’s Point of View

I found myself sitting on a chair, with my hands handcuffed and tied at the back of it and each of my feet tied to the chair, a duct tape also covering my mouth. I slowly open my eyes. Only to see that I’m in the middle of a room.

Damn! Where am I? Am I kidnapped? Why am I the only one here? Where’s Marcus?

Napatingin ako sa kaliwa nang makarinig ako ng mga yabag. Nanlaki ang mata ko nang makita ko sila.

“Surprised, eh?” Linapitan ako ni Grey. ‘Yung mukha niya, sobrang lapit na sa ‘kin. Ako na lang ang umiwas. Pero, hinawakan niya ang chin ko para muling magtama ang mga tingin namin. Tinanggal niya ang duct tape sa bunganga ko.

“How are you, dollface?” mapanukso niyang sabi.

Pinang-ikutan ko siya ng mata. “Back off.” I growled.

Pero, imbes na lumayo siya, mas lalo pa niyang inilapit ang kanyang mukha.

“I’ve got a surprise for you.”

Finally, he moved back, snapping his fingers in the process. Followed by the footsteps made by three pairs of feet. I, again, glanced at the same direction where Grey and the guitarist of Vespers came from earlier.

My eyes widened once again, dropping my jaw in the process. No word escaped my lips.

It took me a minute to compose myself. “Oh my god! WHY IS MARCUS WITH YOU?!” I yelled, my eyes shifting from Marcus to Grey and vice versa.

Yes, Marcus is with them! He is the one between the drummer and the bassist. And, he’s even playing with some keys for crying out loud!

Grey is the one to answer. “Why? Because he’s our ally.”

I was taken aback. My mind is still processing things.

“B-But... h-he asked help from me. A-And... he was a good person to me.”

“Yeah, but that was all part of the plan. To capture you easily. And, to use you as a fvcking bait to force Sanford to disband The Lucky 7. Because you are so damn important to him.”

“I-I thought you want to just duel?”

Mukhang nagulat si Grey. Pero agad din siyang nakangisi.

“Actually, yes I want to duel. And, the consequence of that duel is disbandment. If I win, he will disband The Lucky 7. And, if he wins, I will disband Vespers, which is obviously not gonna happen because I will win. But, he refused so I had to do this.”

Tss. You’re the worst, Grey. An escape plan suddenly hits my mind. I will pretend that Clark actually wants me to get lost. I will also give them a fake name then, he will release me! It might be half bad, but what’s the harm in trying?

I laughed sarcastically. “I can’t believe you’re dumber than I thought.” I whispered, but making sure he can  hear me.

“What did you just say?!” he growled. Then, he slapped me hard. And, that fvcking hurt.

My lips curled into a devilish smirk. “Oh, you heared that? Here’s a tip, man. Release me.”

He crosses his arms. “You think I will do that? After all what we did to capture you, you think we will release you?”

“That’s why you are dumb, idiot. You captured me because you thought that if you capture me, I will be your bait to force Clark to fight.” I paused. “But, unfortunately, I am actually NOT important to him. He actually wants me to get lost. Because, I am his ex who is still head over heels for him.” I lied.

It took him seconds to answer. “Wh-What?”

But suddenly, Marcus came to me and gave me a slice on the cheek. I hissed in pain.

“You are lying.” My eyes became bigger. How did he know? I’m sure I did not tell that to him. “You are Leah Rodriguez, the famous model that is Clark Sanford’s ex-girlfriend. You were once head over heels for him but the tables had turned.”

Shocked. I am shocked. Do they really know everything? Every damn detail?!

I groaned when a dagger hits my skin. “Sh*t!” I cursed at the top of my lungs.

“That’s what you get for lying, you brat! You almost fooled me!”

It’s Grey. He shot the dagger. And then, their guitarist approached him with a cellphone on his hand. He give Grey the cellphone and said, “I already called Sanford.”

Tila biglang lumigaya ang loob ko.

“Hello, Sanford.” nakangising bumati si Grey.

[Grey.] malamig na tugon ni Clark.

“Clark!” Sumigaw na ako. ‘Di ko na pinigilan ang sarili ko.

[L-Leah?! Leah asan ka?! Bakit kasama mo sila Grey?!]

“C-Cla–AAAAAAAAHHH!!!” napasigaw ako nang may humila sa buhok ko. Pakiramdam ko matatanggal lahat ng buhok ko dahil sa paghilang ginawa.

Kasunod naman nun ay sinampal ako ni Marcus. Napasinghap ako sa sakit.

[LEAH! Don’t you dare lay a finger on her, Grey!]

Pagkatapos ay pagkaputol na ng linya ang aming nadinig. Muli naman akong nakaramdam ng pagkahilo. At ang tanging nasa isip ko lang ay si Clark. Saka ako nawalan ng malay.

***

Unti-unti akong napamulat. Agad ko namang naalala ang sitwasyon ko.

I looked up, only to see every member of Vespers lying on the ground with their spilled blood. Meters away from me is Clark, standing, his breathing labored and his sweat mixed with his own blood.

He glance at me, smiling.

Naiiyak ako sa thought na niligtas niya ako, sugatan siya dahil sa katangahan ko. And yet, he smiles at me na parang walang nangyari.

Paika-ika siyang lumakad palapit sa akin.

“Clark, I’m sorry.”

Hindi ko na napigilang umiyak. Hindi ko siya kayang makitang puro sugat at pasa ang meron sa katawan niya.

Hinawakan niya ang magkabila kong pisngi. “Wala kang kasalanan, Leah.  Don’t be sorry.”

Tinanggal niya ang handcuffs ko. “You’re safe now, Leah.”

Yinakap ko siya. “C-Clark... I’m really really sorry.”

Hindi siya kumibo, pero napansin kong tila gumaan ang katawan niya. Nanginginig akong lumayo sa kanya para tignan ang kanyang mukha. His face is peaceful, eyes closed.

Bigla akong nataranta. No, this can’t be real! He can’t be unconscious!

“Clark! Clark wake up!”

Walang nagbago. Takte! Nahimatay nga talaga siya!

Nanginginig kong kinuha ang cellphone ko sa aking bulsa at tumawag ng ambulansiya.

Hang in there, Clark. You still need to know this feeling that is buried deep within me.