Chapter 22

22: Amnesia

Clark's Point of View

It is just so ironic. All of these are caused by my rivals. First, when I got into an accident and had amnesia. That was because of Maurice, my cousin and my ex-rival to Leah. And now, Leah got into an accident because of The Vespers. And she also has amnesia.

"Who are you?"

Ngayon ko lang na-realize na masakit pala masabihan ng ganyan lalo na kung galing sa mahal mo. And yet, I said that to Leah.

But then again, she also said that to me.

I pushed open the door of Leah's room and I saw her sitting on her bed.

Thank God, she is awake now.

I rushed to her. But, I halted when she spoke.

"Who are you?"

Crap.

They were also shocked. Their eyes widened. Doesn't she remember me?

She tilted her head to the right. "Who are you, mister?" she asked, smiling.

"I am Clark Sanford."

Her smile turns to a grin. "I like your name, Clark. Especially your surname."

Don't worry, Leah. We will get married soon. And my surname will also be yours.

"So, why are you here? Naliligaw ka "

I just nod. "Siguro nga. Mali ata ang pinasukan kong kwarto."

I think I am the only one she forgot. Holy shit. Sa dinami-daming tao sa buhay niya, bakit ako pa talaga? Tangna naman!

Lumabas na ako sa kwarto. Nakita ko namang sumunod sa akin si Maurice.

"Clark..."

"What?"

"I know what you feel, man."

I ignored his statement. "Why? Why is she acting like that?"

"The answer might hurt you, Clark."

Lumabas mula sa kwarto si Rhea.

"But partly, it might make you happy."

I might get hurt and partly happy. Okay. I am ready.

"Leah only forgot you. You alone and your memories together."

Stab. Me and our memories?! What the fuck?!

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Because you were the last one she was thinking of."

"It is a lot better to hear that she did not think of me rather than she forgot me! How am I supposed to say and make her remember that... We. Are. Engaged in this case?!"

"What will you do?" Maurice asked.

I ran both of my hands' fingers through my hair frustratedly. "I don't know."

Leah's Point of View

Mahihiga na dapat ako nang mapansin ko ang singsing sa kamay ko.

"Mom, am I engaged?"

They all look to me. "Do you remember now?" she asked.

I shake my head. "No. Should I remember something? I am just wondering because I have an engagement ring."

It seems like my answer disappointed them. Should I remember something? Is there something-or someone rather that I should remember?

"Anyway, Leah. You will be discharged tomorrow."

"Yeah, sure." I answered and lay back on the bed.

Clark Sanford

His name sounds pretty familiar. But I am also pretty sure that that was our first time meeting.

But, it triggered familiar feelings.

Oh, well. It was nice to meet him, that handsome man. But, Sanford?

I sit back up again.

"Hey Maurice." He hummed his response. "What is your connection with Clark?"

"He is my cousin." he answered without hesitation.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Really?" He nodded.

OMG

I lay back again.

Clark Sanford. So he is Maurice's cousin, huh? I don't know why but there is a feeling that I want to see him. As in, right now.

I shake the thought away. Maybe I was just fascinated because of his godly beauty.

I reached for the ring, removed it and place it on the table beside my bed.

Third Person's Point of View

Naglalakad si Kesha at John sa may garden ng ospital. Puno ng katahimikan ang paligid. Bumubukas ang bunganga ni John pero agad din naman niyang sinasara iyon. He can't find the right words. Si Kesha na ang unang bumasag ng nakakabinging katahimikan.

"It seems like Leah forgot him. Too bad, they just got engaged a two weeks ago."

"It was unexpected." sagot naman ni John.

She abruptly halted. Making John do the same. "But, I think they are meant to be."

Tinignan niya si Kesha saka nagtanong, "Why?"

She turns her head and looks straight to the man's eyes. "I don't have a particular reason. It is just a feeling."

His lips curved to a smile. "Parehas pala tayo." The blonde's brow arched in confusion, amused. "'Yun nga lang, magkaiba tayo ng couple. Sa tingin ko kasi meant to be din tayo."

Kesha tried her best to suppress her grin and giggles. Take note, she 'tried'.

Aba! Sino ba namang hindi kikiligin kapag sinabihan ka nang mahal mo ng ganun?

They both jumped in shock when someone spoke.

"Ang sweet niyo naman." sarkastikong sabi niya.

Nanlaki ang mata ni Kesha mas lalo na ang kay John.

"JUNE?!" sabay nilang sabi.

"Ang gago mo naman, bro." ani June.

Walang imik na nagmula kay June maging kay Kesha. They are still shocked.

"I thought you did these to buy me time. But, I was wrong..."

"You just betrayed me."

"No. He did not." pagtatanggol ni Kesha. John and June were taken aback.

"From the very start, he was already in love with me. Just like how I was in love with him. And until this point, we are loving each other." matigas na sabi ni Kesha. "Don't mess with us, June."

~~~

Etto... Actually, hindi ko po alam kung may ganung kind ng amnesia talaga. Imbento ko lang kasi 'yun. Alam niyo na, for the sake of the story purposes lang iyon. Hohoho.