Chapter 25

25: The Ring

Clark's Point of View

"I didn't know she actually value this." I stood from my seat and turned my back on him. I walk to the door and open it. Only to see Leah standing there.

"H-Hi?"

Crap. She did not hear us, did she?

Linapitan niya ako. "Hi. Kain na tayo?" nakangiti niyang tanong.

Phew. Thank goodness she did not hear us.

Tumango na lang ako. Bumalik kami sa loob at kumain na.

***

Pinuntahan ko si Leah sa taas ng bubong ng bahay. She looks up at me as I wrap her with blanket and sit beside her.

"Bakit hindi ka pa tulog?" tanong ko.

"I can't sleep." sagot niya.

She slightly removed the blanket and offers me the other half. I took it and wrapped it around me.

"I lost the ring." she whispered.

"It's with me. I took it."

Nanlaki ang mata niya. "What?! Why did you?!"

"No particular reason. But why do you treasure that ring?"

"Because it is the engagement ring." sagot niya na ikinagukat ko.

Does she already remember me?

"I don't really know who he is. All I know is... he is the man in my dreams.

"But..."

But?

"It seems like I already love someone else." sagot niya saka tumingin sa akin.

Fck. She's in love with someone else. Sht. Whoever that someone is, I'll be sure to slit his throat, thrice.

"I think I had fallen for you already."

Wait, what?

"Will you catch me?"

She is in love with me? Really?

I abruptly hugged her. "I love you, Leah. I really do. You're all mine, got that?"

She hugs me back. "Yes, Clark. I'm all yours."

"You're mine from the very start, anyway."

I pulled away and pulled out the ring from my pocket. Isinuot ko sa kanya ang singsing saka siya hinagkan sa noo at niyakap ulit. We stayed like that for—I don't know. Minutes? Hours? All I know is we stayed like that for a long time.

She pulled away and rested her head on my shoulder. I began to sing for her.

"Hey, Clark."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." she whispered.

"For what?"