Chapter 4

Y/N’s POV

Last night, I had tossed and turned in bed. I was overthinking my decision to go on the tour with the boys. I was thinking that I made the wrong decision, but it wasn’t like I could turn back now. I was finally done getting ready for the day, I was dressed professionally considering we were all having a meeting.

I walked out into the chilly morning air, it was so cold that I could see my breath. I loved this time of year, but only if I’m inside next to the fireplace. I got into my car and started it, blasting the heat and waiting for it to warm up. As I sat in the car I thought about everything that happened when Liam and I broke up.

*Flashback 3rd person’s POV*

They had been fighting a lot recently. He was on tour and he wasn’t even trying to make any time to talk to her. Liam had told y/n that he would call her or text her at least once a day to check in. At first he did, but as the days went on they would be less and less frequent. She got that he was busy, but she missed him like crazy and wished that he would make an attempt to get a hold of her.

One day, after a week of no contact, he finally called her. The look on y/n’s face when she saw his name on the phone was pure joy. The look on his, on the other hand, as he called her was nowhere near her expression.

He had realized that he neglected her and he had felt bad, but with everything going on he couldn’t handle being in a relationship, it was too hard. In the days that he didn’t speak to her, he had realized that she was probably thinking the worst, especially since she tried numerous times to get a hold of him. He cried all night the night before he decided to call her, he had to let her go it was for the best.

Now he was seated in his hotel room, hoping for privacy as he did one of the hardest things he could possibly do. It took him a while to finally press the send button, callimg her. Only moments before he had been crying over her, now he had to put on a show to make her feel like he no longer cared for her, even though it would kill him on the inside.

“Hey babe!” her voice rang through the phone. She had sounded happy to hear from him, only making him want to forget about his plan.

“Hey y/n. We need to talk,” he said, emotionlessly. She had stayed quiet for a moment before finally speaking again.

“Is everything okay, Liam?” she asked, her voice was in a whisper.

“I-I, ugh, I think that we need to break up.” he said. There was no point in trying to hold it back. She had remained quiet and he could hear a whimper come from her side of the phone. “Y/N? I’m sorry,” he whispered.

“W-why are you doing this?” she asked. It would be obvious, to anyone that could hear her voice, she was crying.

“I don’t know. I think it’s just the wrong time for me to be in a relationship. I’m sorry, but I’m really busy. I need to go now. Please don’t be mad at me. I really got to go, ” he said, quickly rushing off before he broke down on the phone. As soon as he hung up he yelled and let the tears come falling down.

As she heard the ending of the call, she cried even harder. Her voice kept repeating ‘why?’ After a minute she finally let her phone down. She laid back on her bed, asking herself what she had done wrong, as the tears streamed down her face.

*End of Flashback*

The car had finally warmed and I pulled myself out of my thoughts, pulling out of my driveway. I hummed along to the radio as I drove to work, calm as could be. It wasn’t until I parked my car when I started to get nervous. I seemed to have completely forgot that I was having a meeting with my ex-boyfriend and his four best friends.

I got out of my car and headed towards the front entrance. Just as I was about to walk in I saw multiple black SUV’s pull up, security men jumping out and opening the doors. As I kept looking I noticed all five members of One Direction getting out of the vehicles, they were earlier than the managers said they would be. I stopped from looking and quickly made my way into the building.