Chapter 5

Y/N’s POV

As I walked into the building, I started to regret my decision to go on tour with the boys. All these regrets came when I thought about our breakup, earlier this morning. Thinking about the breakup brought back everything I felt when it first happened; hurt and most of all confusion. He never really did explain to me why we broke up, so I never really got full closure. I pushed myself to quit asking questions and move on, but in the back of my mind I still want to know why he did it.

I shook off my thoughts as I got into my little office space. I dropped my things off and made my way down the hall into the meeting room. I looked in and there was only the managers in there; Daniel, Michael, and Jack. Daniel saw me and smiled, I walked in with my hands wound together and smiled back at him.

“Good morning, y/n. Take a seat, the boys should be here soon. Here is the schedule, we’re all going to go over it together, but you can take a look at it now,” Daniel said, handing me a few sheets of paper.

I looked at it and waited patiently for the meeting to start. After a couple minutes of sitting in silence, five loud boys walked in. They were all laughing and smiling, until they saw me. They calmed down and looked at everyone in the room, before one of the managers told them to sit.

"Okay, as you guys know we are here to go over the schedule once more. We would also like to inform you guys that, y/n here is going to be the one to go with you on this promotional tour and help keep you on schedule," Jack said, gesturing towards you. All the boys nodded their heads and I just so happened to look a Liam, whose expression was unreadable.

"Wait, so how do you know y/n will keep us on schedule? We kind of know how to push her buttons," Harry said with a smirk. I was immediately taken back, he was right. They knew everything that could make me mad, sad, and happy. Everyone looked at me and I got nervous.

"Well we hope that she can handle you guys, we’ve seen her do it before. That is why she was picked to go with you guys. Right, y/n?" Daniel said, looking my way.

"Right. I will try my best," I said, giving all of them a slight smile. After that the attention was taken off of me. The meeting continued with information of when the and where the boys were working. There wasn’t much to talk about, so they let us go.

I got up and went back to my office, I guess it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. At least for now, who knows what will happen when we are gone for a month.

Liam’s POV

We had just gotten out of the meeting and the boys were all talking together, but I was lost in my own thoughts. When Jack told us that y/n was going with us on the promo tour I got a little excited then I realized that we were no longer together. Through the whole meeting I could concentrate on anything other than her. I watched her the whole time, the way she was paying attention and just every other little thing she did.

"Hello. Liaaam," I heard someone say, I looked back to see all the boys staring at me and it was Louis who was calling me.

"Uh, what?" I said, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"What do you think? You know about y/n coming with us. Does it bother you?" Zayn asked, looking at me with concern.

"No. It’s fine. I mean it is her job, she was probably forced to come you know how management is." I said, hoping that she wasn’t being forced to come with us. If she was being forced then that would make me feel bad because she had to spend a month with someone she probably hated, me.

"But what if she wasn’t and it was her choice to go, then how would you feel?" Zayn asked once again.

"I wouldn’t feel any differently. Drop it."

They were pushing me and I really didn’t want to talk about it. They all knew why I broke with her and how I did it. They didn’t agree with me at first, but they dealt with it. I didn’t expect her to push them away too, but she did and it hurt them.

"Okay. You know that you can talk to us, right? We can imagine how you feel being back home and back here around her. Don’t keep it in,” Niall said, giving me a pat on the back. I nodded and they continues to walk to the car, I trailed behind them.

When I got home I went straight to my room and laid down. All the memories of her were still embedded in this apartment. She picked almost everything out, I had her design it to her liking. I didn’t change a thing once I got back from tour, everything was the way she left it. Her belongings and her presence were the only things missing. 

I fell asleep thinking about her, my dreams were about her too. I slept for a good hour before I woke up, panicked because I was suppose to go out to dinner with my family. I got up and took a quick shower, dressing casually, and going wait for my parents and sisters to arrive. As soon as they came we made our way out of the apartment and to the restaurant. 

Y/N’s POV

I went home after work and I started to pack, we were going all over America. They had already did some promoting in America, but apparently they needed to do more. It was cold there, so I decided to pack my wintery clothes. I pulled out long sleeve shirts, jeans, skirts, dresses, scarves, boots, and hats, along with other thing that I wanted to wear. I had two days to pack the rest, so I decided to stop and go for dinner. I called my best friend, Kourtney, to see if she wanted to go. She of course said yes.

It took me a while to get ready, but I made it to the restaurant on time. I walked in and looked around for Kourt, she was sitting alone so I quickly walked over and sat next to her.

"Hey, babe." I said as I got to the table.

"Hey, darling." she said, getting up and giving me a hug. I smiled as we both sat down and started to talk.

About five minutes into our conversation she stopped and looked a bit worried. She was looking past my shoulder, so I turned to see what she was looking at. That’s when I saw Liam and his family walk in. He looked directly at me and I turned around fast, I didn’t know what else to do.