Epilogue

Y/N's POV

The place I was so familiar with was the exact same way that I had left it. I walked into the living room and set down my purse and then took off my jacket.

"Here let me help you," Liam said, helping me pull off my jacket.

"Thanks," I said. He took it and placed it on the coat hanger and then came back over to me. "Did you already bring the stuff that you got from the store?"

"Yeah, why?" he asked smiling.

"Just wondering why you didn't bring in any bags," I said smiling. I felt weird being back here. It was my home at one point, but right now it would feel weird for me to walk around and go through things like I use to.

"Come sit," he said, pulling me along with him. He sat on the couch and pulled me to sit next to him.

It took a while, but before long we were talking about our couple days apart. When we finally finished talking, he grabbed some snacks while I put in a movie. I didn't know what to put in, so I randomly picked it. He came back in and we took our seats. Throughout the movie I had noticed that we were both quite. I was lost in my thoughts and he seemed to be lost in his.

I thought about how much my feelings towards him had changed over the last month. I had been so mad at him in the beginning, but I hid it well. Then all of a sudden I was falling for him again. I didn't know how to handle everything at the time and I knew that we rushed back into the relationship fast, and at the time I didn't mind. I think that we had to take a step back and I was glad that he agreed that it was the right thing to do. I was looking forward to what our future together was going to bring. I wanted to see if this was truly meant to be and if he truly was my other half.

Liam's POV

My stubbornness caused the setback of her moving back. I was being a little too clingy and I shouldn't have been. Now here we are back to square one. I couldn't complain though I was just happy to have her back. I was happy that I no longer felt like I was missing something in my life. That missing piece was her.

We sat on the couch in living room, watching movies, and eating tons of junk food. The movie varieties ranged, it really didn't matter what we watched as long as she was leaning into my side and I could hold onto her.

I use to think that I would never get her back and that I would spend so much time trying to convince her that I was sorry. That's all changed thanks to the promo trip. I'm sure that I would have never worked up the nerve to show up at her doorstep and apologize like I had planned to while I was on tour. I had it all figured out; I would show up, telling her that I was an idiot, telling her that I love her, and she would slam the door in my face. Then I imagined that I would continue to show up until I broke through to her, until I proved that everything I was telling her was the truth. She would eventually give in, but still not trust me enough to let all her walls down again. I imagined that it would take a lot of time to get back to a place where we once were. I was very cocky about the whole situations. Wow. I knew that I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up so high, but oh well.

It was a miracle, in my eyes, when she forgave me and when she agreed to give me another chance so quickly. I told myself not to mess it up again. I told myself that maybe it wasn't a good thing to get attached so quickly again, just in case she decided she really didn't want to be with me. Turns out I didn't listen to myself. I know I overreacted when I was being mean to her, I felt bad.

When I saw her standing in the snack aisle I laughed remembering how she always spent so much time there. I watched as she grabbed different things and when I noticed she was done I approached her. I tried to be cute and apologize, to my surprise it worked. I think that she has a soft spot for me and I know that I can't always use that to my advantage. I can't hurt her again.