Chapter 6

Y/N’s POV

I began to panic, wondering if he saw me or if any of his family saw me. Well of course he did. There was about a million and one things running through my head and I couldn’t keep up. Kourtney was looking at me, waiting for me to go insane or something. She looked over my shoulder and her eyes widened.

“What?” I mouthed to her. She didn’t respond, but instead she looked to the person standing by my side. I turned to see who it was, making eye contact with Ruth.

“Oh my gosh, y/n! I thought that was you! It’s so good to see you!” she said with a cheery voice. I jumped out of my seat and gave her a hug.

“It’s good to see you, too! How are you?” I said, politely. I remained standing, not want to be rude.

“I’m doing pretty great! Hey, come say hi to my parents and Nicola. I’m sure they would love to see you,” she said, grabbing onto my arm. I wanted to pull away, but I stopped myself from moving instead.

“I don’t want to leave my friend alone,” I said, gesturing towards Kourtney. Looking at her to help me out.

“No, it’s totally fine. Go, hun. I’ll be here when you get back,” she said with a smirk. I glared at her, but still followed Ruth.

Their table wasn’t too far and within a couple seconds I stood in front of the entire Payne family. All of their eyes were glued to me, I could see Liam’s mum smile. His mom was a wonderful woman who I loved dearly, to be honest I had missed her just as much as I missed Liam. Liam was looking at me shyly and I knew he felt weird or uncomfortable because he was rubbing the back of his neck.

“Look who I found on my way to the bathroom,” Ruth said, looking over at me.

“Hi,” I said, awkwardly waving. Liam’s mum jumped out of her seat and headed over to me.

“Y/N, darling it’s so good to see you! How are you, love? I trust everything is well?” she rambled on and on as she gave me a hug. She had one of those motherly hugs something that I adored about her. She was always so kind and caring towards me.

“Everything is just fine, thanks for asking. How are you?” I said, still in her embrace.

“It’s great! I missed you, sweetheart,” she whispered the last part, letting me go.  I smiled at her and mouthed me too.

Then next I was in a hug with Nicola and Geoff. The whole time Liam stayed quiet in his seat, I’m sure it was just as awkward for him as it was for me.

“Why don’t you sit and join us?” his dad offered.

“I’m actually here with a friend,” I said, making Liam’s head pop up. “She’s waiting for me, so I should go. It was nice to see all of you.” I said a final goodbye to them before I walked away.

Liam’s POV

As soon as I saw y/n at our table I felt the tension between us arise. I noticed that she felt uncomfortable, she was wobbling back and forth on the heels of her feet. Everyone around me greeted her with hugs and I miss you’s, everyone except me.