Chapter 17

Liam’s POV

Zayn and Louis were grilling me and Y/N for information on what was going on with us, we had kissed and told each other that we loved one another, but we still didn’t define what we were. We both looked at one another, as the boys looked at us. I encouraged her to go on, maybe then it would show me where we stand. I hoped she said we were back together, but the look in her eyes said that she was also confused to what we were. I didn’t expect her to say we were friends, but she did. In that moment my heart dropped a little, but it was understandable where she got that from.

“Friends? Really?” Louis remarked. I could see that he wasn’t buying what she said.

“Y-yeah. I guess,” I stuttered out. I was a bit hurt, but I couldn’t show it. “Drop it, now.” Without another word they turned around and left us alone. I turned to face the window, but I felt Y/N’s hand being placed on my knee. She sighed and whispered my name.

I turned to face her and gave her a fake smile, she knew it was fake because the moment she saw it her face dropped. “It’s okay,” I mouthed to her. She leaned into my side and she placed her head on my shoulder.

“We can talk later, right?” she asked in a whisper.

“Of course,” I said, nodding my head.

The rest of the way to the hotel was quiet, none of us talked. It had gotten a bit awkward when the boys called us out. I knew that Y/N and I had to talk, but we had to do it somewhere where we could be alone. I knew that everything was going to be okay, but I didn’t want any interruptions from any of the other guys.

We pulled up to the hotel and all got out, rushing into the hotel as best as we could with the crowd that surrounded us. Once inside we all decided to go get food because we hadn’t eaten all day. It was just the boys, some of the crew, Y/N, and I at the table. Security made sure that we had privacy while we ate in the hotel restaurant.

There was a lot of chatter and forks hitting plates that surrounded our table. I noticed that Y/N was talking to Lou, so I decided to wait for a while before pulling her away. I continued to talk to Josh for a while, then soon people were done eating and were heading out to do their own thing. It was time for our talk.

I got up out of my seat and walked over to Y/N, I could feel eyes travelling with me and I knew that I was being watched by the boys and the other people who were at the table still. I ignored them.

“Y/N,” I said, waiting for her response. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Yes, Liam?” she asked, looking at Lou for some odd reason.

“Can we talk? Alone?”

“Uh,” she paused, looking at Lou. She was probably asking if it was alright to walk away from their conversation.

“Go ahead, love. I’ll talk to you some more in the room,” Lou said, smiling at me. I forgot that she knew about what happened the night before. I smiled back, silently thanking her.