Chapter 20

...

It was New Year's Day.

Kageyama was watching Hinata try to win at a shooting game in the town's New Year Festival.

"Give it here," Kageyama said, taking the toy gun out of Hinata's hands.

"Hey! No fair! Of course you're good at it," Hinata pouted.

Kageyama aimed and shot, easily winning the game within seconds. He picked out a prize Hinata had wanted.

Hinata kept pouting until his mind started to wander. "Ooh! Kageyama, let's go see the fireworks!!" Hinata shouted, immediately switching his focus to an entirely new subject.

Hinata took off up a large hill so he could get a better look. Kageyama rolled his eyes but smiled. He followed Hinata to the top of the hill.

"Kageyama, look! The fireworks are starting!"

Kageyama looked up at the starry night sky. It was a beautiful night, although it was colder than usual. He looked over at Hinata, who was smiling as bright as the fireworks exploding above their heads. He glanced back up at the sky, enjoying the sight of the colorful firework display.

The firework show was over after a while, and when it ended, Kageyama and Hinata were sitting on the ground beside each other. They didn't say a word, but the quiet around them wasn't awkward. It was a peaceful kind of quiet.

They stayed like that for a while, just watching the stars in the sky.

Eventually, Hinata spoke. "Hey, K-Kageyama?"

"Yeah, Hinata?"

Hinata didn't talk for a while. Kageyama could tell he was hesitating.

He decided it was best to just wait for Hinata to gather the courage to speak.

"K-Kageyama..."

Kageyama held his breath. Whatever Hinata was about to say was going to be really important.

"I think I'm... in love with you," he said. "We're a couple... but I never really confessed, did I?" he chuckled nervously, scared of how Kageyama would reply.

Kageyama was shocked, but it didn't take him long to reply.

"I think I'm... in love with you too," Kageyama said. "I don't think I'm in love with you. I know I am," he said afterwards.

Hinata leaned in, pressing his lips against Kageyama's. Kageyama didn't hesitate to kiss back.

When their lips finally parted, Hinata giggled.

Kageyama blushed. "W-what's so funny?!"

"You're not a very good kisser, Kageyama," Hinata giggled.

Kageyama blushed furiously. "Sh-shut up dumbass..." he mumbled.

Hinata finally stopped giggling and looked up. His face was filled with amazement.

"Kageyama, it's snowing! Look!!"

Kageyama looked up. Sure enough, it was snowing. And surprisingly, it was sticking to the ground.

Glancing at Hinata, Kageyama saw he was as happy as he could be.

Kageyama smiled. The snow made Hinata happy, therefore it made Kageyama happy as well.

Kageyama chuckled to himself. This was so cliché. But he didn't mind.

"Happy New Years, Kageyama," Hinata smiled, snuggling up against Kageyama's chest.

Kageyama smiled as he looked down at the smaller boy. He ruffled Hinata's bright orange hair. "Happy New Years."

...

Well, that's it. (Kind of a cheesy ending, sorry about that)

Thank you all for reading! And also, thank you all so much for almost 1K reads! It really means a lot to me. 

But since I really enjoyed writing this fanfic, I decided to add an extra chapter that will take place a while after this chapter. I'll publish it as soon as I can.