Chapter 12

"Tsukishima, please! I really need your help."

"I'm not helping you bust your little boyfriend out of jail."

"He's not my boyfriend! But he's my friend, and he's in jail. And I need your help hacking into their system!"

"Come on, Tsukki! Hinata needs your help," Yamaguchi pleaded.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry, Tsukki," Yamaguchi smiled. Yamaguchi was used to Tsukishima being rude like that, and he knew that Tsukishima was just annoyed.

"Ugh, fine," Tsukishima finally rolled his eyes and gave in.

Yamaguchi smiled. Tsukki always gave in when his boyfriend pleaded for him to do something.

"How long will it take for you to find out when the guards change positions?" Hinata asked, poking his head over Tsukishima's shoulder.

"Shut up. It'll take a while if I don't want to get caught."

"But how long??"

"You should get out of our hotel room," Tsukishima snapped.

Hinata pouted.

"Hinata," Yamaguchi whispered, "I'll call you when Tsukki gets into the system. It could take a few days though."

Hinata frowned. "Okay... But please hurry. Kageyama's in trouble."

Yamaguchi nodded.

Hinata left unwillingly. He was worried about Kageyama. Really, really worried.

...

"You," a prison guard called, "time for interrogation. Again. Just confess."

Kageyama groaned. This was his third day of interrogation. He was getting tired of this process.

He was put in handcuffs and taken to the very familiar interrogation room.

"Nice to see you again, Officer Sota," Kageyama said sarcastically.

"Nice to see you as well, Kageyama Tobio. Ready to confess and be done with this process for good?"

"I would confess if I was the assassin you're after, but since I'm not, I really don't feel the need."

The officer snorted. "We all know you did it."

"If you're so sure I did it, then just execute me."

He chuckled. "You're so stubborn. Just confess so you and I can be done with this nonsense."

"I'd confess if I did it."

"You did do it."

"I most certainly did not. I can't kill people. I don't have that kind of mindset."

"Then what mindset do you have?"

"I don't know! A normal one?"

"Is that so? You're a killer," he said, trying to annoy Kageyama to the point of him breaking.

It wasn't going to work. No matter what.

Although, when Kageyama had been training under his superior, he'd never once mentioned how boring and annoying interrogations actually were.

"I am not."

"Why won't you break?!" he slammed his hands on the table. "Can't you just give in?! You make me work long hours and I'm so behind on work! My family misses me and I have a new daughter that needs me!" he yelled, his voice cracking.

There it is, Kageyama thought. This man seemed to be the type to have something up his sleeve.

Turns out he had some acting skills up his sleeve.

Kageyama chuckled to himself. This interrogation was getting a little bit more interesting.

Kageyama had his head lowered but lifted it and stared directly at the man. Kageyama knew he needed to act sorry. And that's what he was going to do.

"I'm sorry..."

"What? Sorry you won't confess?!"

"No... I'm sorry that I can't confess..."

"Why? Why, huh? Why can't you confess and just get it over with? There's no chance you're going to get out of here!"

"I'm sorry that I can't confess because I'm not an assassin!" Kageyama raised his voice.

Officer Sota ducked his head. "I can't do this anymore," he said.

...

"So when are we gonna go get Kageyama??" Hinata asked, jumping around Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's hotel room.

Tsukishima snorted. Hinata was so annoying.

"The guards switch shifts at 1am every morning. It takes them roughly five minutes to switch positions. So you have five minutes to get in and out of there with this boy of yours," Tsukishima said.

"Five minutes?! How am I gonna do that?"

"How should I know?! I did my work, now get out. We have a school project to do, you know."

"Project?" Hinata asked.

"You see," Yamaguchi started, "we're here because the newspaper club gets to go to America this year. That's why we signed up for this club. And our project is we have to write articles on our favorite places and monuments we see."

"Oh."

"I can't believe you went all the way to America by yourself just for some stupid guy. You're an idiot," Tsukishima stated rudely.

"Shut up!" Hinata said.

"Anyways, just go in there right before it closes and state that you have information about that Japanese assassin guy. Then, just hide out somehow and at 1am just find your boyfriend and get out."

"Okay. I got it."

...

Hinata was in. He was being taken to a room to give information about Kageyama.

Wait for me, Kageyama, Hinata thought. I'm coming to get you out of here