5 YOU DIDN'T

Evangelina Lawrence

"Hey Lina where you been?" Jack asks as I walk in the house.

"I had a rematch with that Marco kid." I say. I take a deep breath and walk to my room. Jack walks in a minute later. But it's to late to cover the bruise. He walks over and I sigh.

"Did he win?" He asks his voice low and cold. I shake my head and I look at the bruise across my abdomen. I walk over to the mirror and look at it. I sigh again.

"It's going to take forever for that to go away. And no he lost again." I say quietly. Jack growls in frustration and I look at him. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I'm fine. See I'm okay. I'm right here." I mumble against his chest. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me close.

"You are going to be the death of me." He murmurs against my head and I laugh slightly before stopping because it hurt. He lets go of me and pulls back.

"What happened? What's wrong? What hurts?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Jackie I'm okay I promise just sore." I say and he nods but doesn't look convinced.

"I'm going to shower. I'm freezing. And I stink." I say laughing slightly as I walk to the bathroom. I close the door and turn on the water then strip from my clothes. I step in the shower and hear the door open. I roll my eyes.

Time - 12:43 pm

"Jackie get out. I already told you I'm fine." I say.

"What makes you think it's Jackie?" A girl's voice says and I smile. I peek out and see Lucy sitting crossleg on my toilet.

"Hang I'll be out in a minute." I say and go as quick as I can before I turn off the water and grab my towel. I bring my towel in and wrap it around me. I step out of the shower and she's still sitting there.

"Oh my gosh Lucy! How was your trip?" I ask and she smiles.

"It was good. Come on you need to get dressed." She says and we walk into my room. She lays on my bed and I walk to my dresser and grab a pair of underwear and a bra. I quickly dry myself off and slip them on. I wrap my hair in the towel as I walk over to my closet.

"Oh my gosh Lina! What happened to you!" Lucy gasps and I roll my eyes.

"Luc I'm okay. Just fighting Luke's brother. Did you know he had a brother?" I say and she smiles at me.

"Evangelina. You may not. How many times do you have to get hurt before you realize it's not safe for you to fight." I roll my eyes.

"Go bug your lover. I'm fine. I've been fighting for five years." I say and watch as her cheeks turn pink.

"Six. And he's not my lover." She says and I smile before I laugh at her.

"Oh yes I forget and whatever you tell yourself to help you sleep at night." I say and stick my tongue out at her before I grab some pajama shorts and I loose crop top and throw them on. She smiles and I look at her before I undo my hair and grab my brush off my dresser. I brush out my hair and then sit on my bed.

"So tell me all about you trip!" I say excited to hear how her time in Texas was. I have never been there but I really want to go. She smiles and before she gets to answer her phone rings. She picks up and rolls her eyes.

"What." She states and I know it's her older brother.

"Really? I just got here." She whines and I roll my eyes.

"Fine I'm leaving now." She says and looks at me apologetically.

"I'm so sorry Lina. I gotta go. I'll tell you about it tomorrow at school okay?" I nod and smile as I walk with her out to the front door. She pulls away and Jake pulls up.

Time - 1:02 am

I smile when I see him and run out to his car. As he gets out of his car I jump into his arms as he hugs me. He sets my down on my feet and I smile at him.

"Hi." I say still smiling. He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Hello gorgeous. How have you been?" He asks.

"I've been good. Wanna come inside?" I ask and he nods as he laughs when I pull him in.

"Jake is here. We'll be in my romm if you need us. Okay?" I tell Jack and then walk into my room Jake follow behind me. I sit on my bed and he pushes me back so I laying down and he's on his side. I smile at him and he kisses my cheek again. He runs his hand over my stomach and I flinch slightly as he passes over the bruise. He notices and glances at my stomach.

"What happened?" He asks all laughs and giggles gone. I sigh and look at him.

"Why do you ask if you know it's gonna make you mad?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Are you serious? I've asked you not to fight. I've told you I don't want you to fight. I told you the next time you fought we were going to have issues. I don't want a delinquent as a girlfriend." He says.

"Are you fucking kidding me! Get the hell out of my house! You have no right to come into my house and call me that! Or think you have the ability to tell me what I can and can not do! I will not stand for it. Get out of my house. You know I fight you know it's how I blow off steam. Just because you go to an all boys school and are taught differently. Out here in the real world you would get fucking smacked and your lucky I don't hit you now. But that would make me a delinquent. Get out. Now." I say and he looks furious but leaves. I roll my eyes and start to pace my room. That is until Jack comes in.

Time - 1:14 am

"What just happened?" He asks and I look at him.

"Uh. He. Uh. Called me a delinquent.." I say and I can feel my lungs tightening.

"Jackie. I can't breathe." I say and he looks at me his eyes widening in surprise.

"Evangelina calm down. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale." He says and starts to breathe deeply. I copy his actions until I can breathe normally again.

Time - 1:19 am

"There. Maybe you should get some sleep." He says and I nod.

"Yeah maybe." I say and he hugs me tightly before he let's go and kisses my forehead.

"Good night Lina." He says as I lay down. He walks out and turns my light off. I fall asleep quickly after that.

Time - 1:21 am