20 SHE'S GONNA HURT HERSELF

Marco Gray

    "Marrco.. I want to go to the ring." Her soft voice pulls me away from my thoughts as I look at her.

    "No baby you aren't thinking straight. What if you get hurt?" I ask and she scoffs.

    "Jail time or getting hurt? I mean I think I could get over being hurt. Please!! I'm going to kill the c*ntwaffle." She says and I roll my eyes.

    "One c*ntwaffle? And two no baby I don't want you to get hurt." I tell her and she huffs.

    "Marrco.. I broke up with Jake because he wouldn't let me fight." She says quietly and I look at her. She stands and walks over to me and sits on my lap.

    "Please I have to much pent up energy.. Please babe please. I have to fight it's apart of who I am. It's what makes me not scared." She says quietly and leans her forehead against mine.

     "Okay fine you get hurt and I swear.." I say and she kisses my nose.

     "I'll be fine babe. Come on lets go." She says but then stops and strips down before putting on spanks and throwing on sweats over them. She puts on a sports bra with a muscle tank over and her Nike. She pulls her hair back and we walk out of her room.

    "Where are you guys going?" Jack asks as he and Evan look at us.

    "We are going to the ring. Let's go." She says and then looks at Jack.

    "Jackie, Evan is riding with you." She says and Jack stands up after I glare at him.

     "Fine fine. Let's go Evan." Jack says and they both stand before we all walk out the front door. We get to the ring and it's pretty much packed.. but considering it's almost ten that's to be expected.

    "Try not to lose Evan tonight." My angel says as we get off my bike. I put both helmets in Jack's car and he locks it before we walk in. Angel immediately walks over to the guy who runs the fights and he smiles seeing her here.

    "She fights?" Evan asks me and I can't help but look at him weird.

    "That's why your parents left her when she was only 12." I say confused and he nods.

    "No I know I know but I mean I didn't think she actually fought. I've never seen her fight." He says and watches as she walks back and take her hair down before braiding it into boxer braids. She then removes her sweats.

    "Will you hold these?" She asks and I grab them. I wrap an arm around her waist and pull her towards me.

    "Please be careful." I whisper in her ear and feel the shiver that travels up her spin. I smile before kissing her cheek.

    "Luke and the other three are over at the front." She says and I grab Evans shirt before pulling him as I follow Angel. She gets up into the ring and the guy she's suppose to go against steps up too. I hear Evan suck in a breath but don't look at him. She's gone against guys bigger than him. She fights him and it doesn't take long until she is announced winner. She steps off and two other guys get up to fight. She comes over and I wrap an arm around her waist.

   "Hey babe." She says smiling and I kiss her nose before rolling my eyes at her. I've only seen her like this once before and it was right after Evan came back. It didn't exactly end well..

   "I'm going against whoever wins." She says bouncing on her feet. I nod and she looks at Evan.

   "What did you think?" She asks and he looks at her.

   "I think your insane. But that was pretty cool." He says and I roll my eyes. Cheers erupt around us and Angel squeals before walking back up to the ring.

   "Don't encourage her." I say and look at Evan. He looks at me confused.

    "I can't exactly tell her she shouldn't fight. She may have forgiven me for leaving but that doesn't mean she and I are close like we use to be.." He says and looks down.

    "You're right I'm sorry. I just. I can't bear the thought that she gets hurt." I say and look back up on the stage. I watch as Angel throws her fist at the guy and hits him before he goes down. She comes back over to me and turns to watch the next fight. The excitement gone and now in its place anger.

     "Baby? Are you okay?" Evan says from next to me and she just nods. She stays silent for the next two fights before she goes up again. She fights for three fights before she comes back over. A hand on her rib cage.

     "What happened?" I ask and she shakes her head.

     "Nothing one of the guys kick hard that's all." And I shake my head.

     "Okay can we be done?" I ask and she shakes her head.

     "No. Not yet. I get the last fight." She says and I roll my eyes as I place my hand on her rib cage. She grimaces before she moves away from my hand.

     "Angel I don't want you hurt. Please call it a night." I whisper in her ear and she shakes her head.

     "No I'm so close to beating my personal best." She says and walks over to the guy who runs the bets and everything before she comes back over. She hands me a whole hand of money.

    "One more fight." She says and Evan stares at the money in my hand. I look at my shirt and then at Evan.

    "I'll be right back." She says and kisses my cheek before walking back to the ring.

    "Put this in your pocket." I say and hand it to him he puts it in his pocket and I look up at the fight in time to see the guy Angel is going against kick her rib cage. She winces and kicks his leg. He glares at her and kicks her again and again in the same place. I hear the unmistakable sound of bones breaking before I hear her scream. I run up to the ring...