21 DAMN IT

Marco Gray

    ..... I punch the guy in the face before he goes down. Not unconscious but down. He curses but I ignore him.

   "Angel baby?" I kneel down beside her and her screams have gone silent.

   "Angel." I try again and when she stays screaming silently I blow on her face. She gasps before screaming again.

    "Alright everyone out!" A guy yells and people start leaving. A guy who I don't know comes over and hands me money. I look at him confused.

    "What's this?" I ask and he looks at me.

     "All the money people bet on her and the other guy with. The only rule we have here is bones can't be broken. If they are win or lose the person who's bones get broken gets all the money." He says before he pulls my angel into his arms.

   "Come on." He says and I grab Evan before following the guy. He sets her on a doctor looking table and pulls a machine over her torso.

    "That's what I thought." He mutters to himself. Then looks up at me.

    "He shattered her right rib cage. She's lucky none of the pieces hit her lung." He says and I feel my heart stop.

    "These fights aren't exactly legal." The guy says and I nod.

    "But someone has to be able to care for the fighters if they get seriously injured." He continues.

     "That's where I come in." He finishes and looks at Angel.

     "Tony!" She gasps and he looks at her face. Tears in her eyes.

     "I know hun I know. Hang on." He says and walks away from the table she gasps and starts to pant. He walks back over and puts a mask on her face. Her eyes open and she starts to fight.

    "Lina stop. Breath deeply." Tony says and she looks at him before breathing deeply. Her eyes drop closed and he removes the mask.

    "Easy." He murmurs looking at me.

    "I just put her to sleep so she wouldn't feel the pain." He says and I nod.

     "This isn't the first time she's been in her but she always wins. That is the first fight she's lost since she started fighting." He says and I can't help but think the guy was trying to break her bones. He didn't fight when all the money was given to Angel. I shake the thought out of my head as Tony walks over to my angel again. Evan stands off in the corner looking uncomfortable.

    "Here. Because she's so small give her one every four hours to help with the pain but other than that there isn't anything I can do. Try not to let her do to much until later. And tell her to try and not put anything tight around her. Oh and she is not allowed to fight at all." He says and I nod.

    "Okay. Can I take her home?" I ask and he nods.

    "Yeah just be careful with her side." He says and I nod.

    "Come on we have to go find Jack." I tell Evan and he follows me as I walk out. Jack stands against the wall opposite of the door.

    "Of course. Let's go." He says and I follow him.

    "Here Evan you drive my car. Marco want to leave your bike here?" Jack asks and I shake my head.

    "No hang on." I say and set Angel in the seat and hand him my keys.

    "Can you drive it?" I ask and he nods before taking my keys and a helmet. He starts my bike and is gone.

    I pull my angel back into my arms and sit in the back with my angel in my lap. She grimaces and buries her face in my shoulder. I move her so her face is near my neck. Evan closes the door starts the car then drives to her house. We get to her house and Jack is standing next to my bike waiting for the keys to get in. Jack comes over and opens the door I step out pulling Angel into my arms. A car door slams and a girl runs over.

   "Oh my god Lina. What happened?" She asks and Jack looks at Lina.

   "I didn't go in you'd have to ask Tony." He says and I take Angel inside. The rest of them following.

    "Her right rib cage is shattered." I mumble and walk into her room before laying her on her bed. Tony words ring in my ear and I walk back out. I stop and turn back around it's not like I haven't seen her naked before. I walk back into her room and carefully take her sports bra off her. I walk back out after closing her door so no one sees her.

    "Marco? Is she okay?" Lucas asks and I shake my head.

    "I asked her not to fight tonight but she wouldn't listen. Her rib cage is shattered." I say and walk into the kitchen.

    "That's what Tony said?" Jack asks and I don't look at him as I grab a cup. I turn on the tap and fill the cup.

    "Yes." Is all I tell him before turning and walking back into her room. I sit on the end of her bed and watch her sleep. Not in a creepy way. She whines so whatever Tony did to put her to sleep must be waring off. She grimaces and blinks without actually opening her eyes. She groans softly before opening her eyes.

    "Don't touch your side." I tell her softly as she moves her hand.

    "I'm sorry." She whispers and I look down.

    "Why?" I ask confused and she sighs but stops and groans softly.

    "Here." I say and hand her one of the little white pills Tony said to give her every four hours. She pops it in her mouth and swallows it.

   "For fighting tonight." She says and I just shake my head.

   "Your right rib cage is shatter and your telling me sorry?" I ask unable to understand her.

    "Yeah. You.. you asked me... to not.. not fight." She says quietly and yawns before her eyes close again.