prologue

This is a Finchel story. Few minor things changed from the actual show. First of all, Finn Hudson didn't go to McKinley and Rachel doesn't know him until well.. this story. Also, Noah Puckerman was her best friend in high school and he never hated her. I hope you guys like this!!!!

Here she was, in New York, living her dreams. She had recently graduated from Juillard at the top of her class and she already played parts in shows. Within the first year after graduating, the petite brunette had participated in multiple Broadway shows including the ground-breaking show Spring Awakening and her dream role of Maria in a West Side Story revival. The auditions and the parts kept coming and she felt great, but there was still something missing. She couldn't exactly distinguish what it was but things didn't feel right. She was doing everything that she could have ever dreamed of doing back in her high school days but yet the feeling of true happiness and accomplishment did not hit her yet.

When it came to men, she had a normal love life. So what if she hasn't found her soul mate? She was doing fine on her own in the lovely apartment that her dads bought her when she first moved to New York. She did have a few minor flings here and there. Nothing very serious, especially since the Jesse incident. She flinched just thinking of that name. She promised that she would never think of that name again, but it always had a way of coming back.

Sure, its been a three years since he completely tore her heart out when he decided to end things that one day. It was completely blind siding. Things were going great and then one day he texts her saying that he wants out. October 3rd. That was the day she truly had her heart broken. Yeah, she was suppose to be over him by now but every time a new guy tried to buy her a drink or someone tried to ask her for a dance, she couldn't help but feel like it would just end in a broken heart and she declined.

It was late on a Saturday night as she was thinking about all of this; trying to think of ways to change up her routine a bit and maybe make things more exciting. But what could be more exciting than singing on stage in front of hundreds of people? She lay there thinking for a while until the idea randomly hit her! She wanted to learn how to play the drums. Yeah! She already knew how to play a few instruments and it was something she never tried before. Why not? She might as well give it a try. So at that moment she made up her mind. Tomorrow morning, Rachel Berry would go seek her drum teacher.