Chapter 2: The Teacher

Rachel had no idea what to expect. Noah didn't go into much detail during their phone call but she trusted him. He wouldn't find her a bad teacher when he knew how passionate she was when she had her mind set on something. The dinner was in one hour and she figured she might as well dress up a bit since they were meeting at Sardis.

She walked into her closet and looked around. What should she wear? She didn't want to over dress since she was meeting a man and she didn't want to give him the wrong impression. So she decided on business casual.

She threw on a nicely fitted white blouse that showed a little bit of cleavage (What? He was still a guy and she didn't want him to think of her as frumpy) and her a bit-above- the knee-length high-waisted skirt. She then slipped her three-inch black heels on her nicely pedicured feet. There. She looked good but still professional. It was still a type of business meeting after all.

Rachel looked into the mirror. She knew she was pretty. She loved her big brown eyes and the way her hair just fell into place but beautiful? No. She hadn't felt that way about herself since him. Avoiding the memories, she looked into the mirror once more and decided that a hint more makeup than her work routine would be fine. She pulled out the eyeliner and carefully outlined her eyes with the dark color. A few strokes of her mascara and with a light touch of lip gloss, she was ready. And right on time. It was half an hour until dinner which gave her enough time to make it on the bus and get there on time. She stole one more glance and then grabbed her purse and left her apartment.

The bus ride wasn't too long but she found herself getting a lot of looks. Did she have something in her teeth? She checked with her compact and she was clear. Instead of concentrating on the looks, she pulled out her iPod and played some songs from the musical and began to hum. Within no time she was there.

The place was busy like always. She saw a few familiar faces but she was here to meet her new teacher, Finn and she didn't want to be late. Rachel hated being late. She approached the hostess.

"Name for reservation?" asked the hostess with an exhausted tone.

Darn, Puck never told her. It was probably under Finn's name, since she was meeting him there not Puck.

"Finn Hudson."

"Sorry, we don't have any reservations under that name. I'm sorry but-" replied the young girl.

"I'm Finn Hudson. She meant it was under Noah Puckerman." A tall dark-haired and extremely handsome man, said behind her. He had on a nice blue dress shirt that brought out his eyes and she couldn't help but stare at him. She was still ogling him when she realized that the hostess was already heading in the direction of their table and that Finn was starting to follow after.

She quickly became mobile and swiftly walked to their table and took a seat across from Finn. She was still shocked. This was the most handsome man she had ever laid eyes on. Those dimples. Those gorgeous brown eyes. She didn't even notice the silence at the table.

"Well, I think its time for introductions," said Finn with a huge smile on his face," I'm Finn Hudson as you apparently know. I went to NYU, graduated with a degree in music and have been playing for years. My favourite instrument is the drums, as I'm sure you know. Your turn."

"I'm Rachel Berry and I've been performing for my whole life, pretty much. Went to Juilliard, have had a few roles on Broadway, one of which I'm working on right now. Decided I wanted to try something new and the drums were my pick."

"Well Rachel, Puck tells me that you need a good teacher to help you out with that and what do you know? I've been told I'm a good teacher," said Finn smoothly. How was he so confident when he spoke?