Chapter 20: A Decision

Alright, so once again... do NOT hate me for this chapter! It had to be done 😐 I hope you guys love it and enjoy! So here we go....

Rachel was broken, and everyone could tell: her coworkers, her boss and especially Noah. She had thrown herself into work, just like last time, and other than reciting her lines, Rachel wouldn't speak. She was overcome with a feeling of numbness and everyday felt so long without hearing Finn's voice.

Rachel would come home every night and go straight to her bedroom, avoiding all conversation with Noah. She hated herself for that since it wasn't his fault, it was hers, but she just wanted to be alone. Once she would get to her room, Rachel would take out her phone and call Finn, and every night she'd get the same answer. Voicemail. He wouldn't accept any of her calls, and she would spend the rest of the night crying.

Tonight was different. Instead of her being left alone for the night, Noah walked in and handed her the phone.

"Someone named Kurt Hummel is on the phone and he demands to speak to you," explained Puck.

Rachel simply nodded and accepted the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Rachel. You and I need to talk," declared Kurt.

"He told you, didn't he?"

"Nope, he didn't. He's been locked in his apartment for the past week, refusing to accept my calls, or anyone else's for that matter. I finally marched over and let myself in with my spare key and he was lying in bed. He was lying there -" said Kurt.

"Stop, I can't hear this," interrupted Rachel.

"Well you're going to. He was lying there with tears in his eyes, and wouldn't answer any of my questions. All he would say was Rachel," finished Kurt

"I'm so sorry, Kurt," was all she could say.

"What happened Rachel? I've never seen my brother so broken. He was just lying there, and usually he's the one to pretend anything has happened and continue with life but he's lying there," asked Kurt, with a choke.

"I ruined everything," whispered Rachel.

"Rachel, what happened?" repeated Kurt.

Rachel sat there with Noah at her side, holding her, as she recounted the story to Finn's brother. She explained the whole situation with Noah and then how Finn reacted when he found out.

After she finished explaining, there was silence.

"Why didn't you want to tell him?" finally muttered Kurt.

"I thought that he'd get upset because it's Noah. Finn knows about his feelings for me, I don't know how but he does, and I was afraid he'd make the wrong assumptions. Which he did," explained Rachel.

"Only because you lied to him. I know Finn and if you would have been honest with him, he'd accept it and move on. He hates liars, Rachel," retorted Kurt.

"I know he does! Just...I don't know why I was so stupid! I should have just told him!" exclaimed Rachel, exploding in tears.

The line was silent as Rachel continued to cry, while Noah tried to calm her down.

"Rachel, did you sleep with Puck?" asked Kurt, once the crying faded.

"No! I haven't, I promise! Sure, I thought about it, but he's my best friend. I could never ruin that friendship by sleeping with him," exclaimed Rachel, shocked that Kurt would even ask her that.

They haven't known each for that long but they had grown fond of each other after their meeting. Rachel was surprised that he'd think of her that way.