Chapter 11: Confrontation

Finn was furious. They haven't even begun a real relationship, and there was already dishonesty. She lied to him. She told him that she was dating Puck, and like a fool, he believed it. What is wrong with her? Did she just try to make him jealous so that she could have him or did she do it to steal him from Quinn? It seems like they have some kind of competition or feud and he let himself get into it. So the reasoning could be anything.

Though she made up this lie before they started dating, why did she continue it when they started? Rachel could have been honest but instead she kept it going and told him she ended things with Puck. That had made him feel so good, knowing that she picked him over Puck. But that was a lie. A lie.

Finn couldn't help but to slam his fist into his door. The impact created a huge dent in his wall and the throbbing pain that appeared only made him angrier.

She needed to explain herself. If she had a good reason, he could maybe put this behind them and start a clean slate.

Finn pulled out his cell phone and typed out his message to Rachel.

You need to come to my apartment after work. We need to talk.

Without reading it over, he pressed send and waited for a response.

Rachel was on her break when her phone went off. She pulled it out of her jeans to check who was trying to contact her. It was a text message from Finn.

It read:

You need to come to my apartment after work. We need to talk.

Panic filled Rachel. Why did they need to talk? What did she already do to ruin it? Was he ending it?

Then, just as quickly as the panic came, anger took over. She started to storm around her dressing room. Who does he think he is? Commanding me like that? Maybe he does think she's a rebound girl? He should think twice if he thinks Rachel Berry is a rebound girl who will follow every demand he throws at her. That order he just sent her, showed Rachel that maybe he didn't really care about her. All of Quinn's words rushed into her head and for the first time, she truly believed them.

Yes, she was definitely going to come over. They needed to talk, but Rachel was going to call the shots.

She pulled out her phone and typed a message to Finn:

Yes, we do. I'll see you then.

Ever since he got a reply from Rachel, he spent the whole day calming himself down. He didn't want to be furious when she arrived. Finn decided that they simply needed to have an adult conversation and sort everything out.

Then he heard a knock on the door. He walked over and opened it to see a frowning Rachel. He leaned down to give her a kiss but she just walked into his apartment causing him to kiss the air. Darn, their height difference.

The petite brunette walked to the opposite side of the living room and then turned to face him. She left a good amount of space between them.

"So what did you want to talk to me about because there are a few things I'd like to talk to you about," said Rachel with a tone he did not recognize. She seemed pissed.

"Well I found out about your fake relationship with Puck, and I wanted to know why you would lie to me like that?" replied Finn as calmly as possible. He needed to keep things under control because he had a feeling that she was going to explode once she said her things.

Rachel's angry glare dropped to a look of confusion.

"How did you find out about that?" asked Rachel.