Chapter 6: A Stomach Ache

Her weekend with Noah went great. They explored as much of New York as they could in a weekend. She brought him to the Zoo, they went to see a Broadway production, and they spent hours in Time Square. Rachel fell in love with the city, all over again. Just giving Noah a tour of this gorgeous city, made her remember why she wanted to be there so badly. There was just so much energy and life surrounding her that it made her more energetic just living there.

It was now Monday morning and Rachel was going to leave Noah in her apartment, while she went to work. David, her director, would kill her if she missed a rehearsal and though she loved spending time with him, he wasn't worth losing her role.

She took this opportunity to call Finn, while she was waiting for her bus to reach her destination. Rachel pulled it out of her pocket and dialed his number. She took a deep breath and then pressed call.

"Hello?" answered a deep voice

"Finn? It's Rachel. I was just wondering if our lesson was still on for Tuesday."

"Oh, right... yea! Yea, it's on. Come on over at the regular time," replied Finn.

"Sounds good! See you tomorrow Finn," said Rachel as she hung up the phone.

Rachel couldn't help but smile. She was going to see him again, though it would have been smart if she had asked if Noah could join her. Rachel was still bringing Noah - that was part of the plan- but she felt like Finn might get not enjoy the thought of an extra guest. But wait? Isn't that what she wanted?

She cleared her mind of all doubts, realizing that she was at the theatre. She thanked the bus driver and headed for the front doors. Rachel threw on a smile and walked through the giant door. Things were going to work out. She could feel it.

Yes! Rachel was coming over again. This gave Finn the perfect opportunity to get to know her better and maybe he could find out more about her relationship with Puck. Maybe he could even prove he's better than him... he is bigger than him. Wait... what was Finn doing? He was with Quinn. Speaking of Quinn, he needed to get her out of the house. She didn't know Rachel was his student and from the looks of the way they acted on Saturday, they should stay away from each other.

Who could distract her? He could ask Santana. She was in town and they were good friends. Yeah, that's what he'd do, and hopefully Rachel would leave Puck at home. He really didn't need to see those two all over each other. He should have told Rachel to leave him at home... but that would seem to controlling... Ugh... He just wanted some alone time with Rachel.

He decided to get Quinn out of the way first. Man, I really shouldn't think about my girlfriend that way.

He dialed Santana's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey San! Could I ask you for a favour?" asked Finn

"What's the catch?" responded Santana with suspicion in her tone. He should have known she wouldn't immediately play along. It wasn't like they were good buddies.

"No, catch! I was just wondering if you wanted to take Quinn out for a girl's night tomorrow night. I need the apartment for a lesson and I don't want her here to distract me," answered Finn hoping that his reason was reasonable enough that she wouldn't fight him on his request.

"Meh, sure. I haven't seen Quinny in a long time. What the heck, tell her to come over at 5? I need to make sure she looks fierce for what I'm going to plan," answered Santana.

Finn couldn't stop himself from grinning at her response. "Yeah, I'll tell her. Thanks San!"

He hung up the phone. It was better the conversation ended quickly before she started asking too many questions.