Chapter 17: Romantic Getaway

Rachel couldn't help but be excited for the following day. It would be hers and Finn's one month anniversary. She could not believe that she had been with this man for a month, though it feels like they have been together for much longer. She has never been happier, and she was glad that Finn was the cause of this happiness. Rachel was in awe that two months ago, she thought that she could never love again but Finn had changed everything. He was perfect, and everything he did made her happier.

Finn told her that he was taking them out on a date for their anniversary and that she needed to pack a duffle bag for it. She could say that she was genuinely clueless to what he was planning, though she had a few ideas in mind. Rachel hoped that maybe Finn was just as ready as she was to make love. She was in love with this man, and wanted to be show it to him, completely.

She finished packing her things and then walked over to her dresser to pick up Finn's anniversary present. Yeah, they didn't talk about getting each other presents but Rachel wanted to give him something that she knew he'd love. Rachel looked at the thin box in her hand, and knew that there was only one word that she could use to describe it. Perfect.

It was a pair of drumsticks, but they weren't just any ordinary pair. She had used her connections to get Will Champion, Finn's favourite drummer, to sign them. Rachel knew that he would absolutely love them, since it incorporated his love of the drums.

She sighed at the thought of spending tomorrow with her perfect boyfriend.

It was the day. The day that Finn had decided he would ravish his girlfriend. It was their month anniversary and Rachel was coming over in a few hours. Finn knew that he was in love with her and he wanted to make their day absolutely perfect; which includes the end of the night with them making love. He wanted to show her that he loved her.

He had it all planned out. Finn had instructed her to back a duffel bag, and when she'd arrive, he'd get her into the car and drive them to the cabin. He had rented a cabin near a gorgeous lake up North for them to stay for the weekend. It would be the perfect romantic getaway. He had already stocked it with food – which he'd cook- and he went there early to set up.

Finn wanted to have the perfect weekend with his flawless girlfriend.

Just in time, Finn heard a knock at his door. He quickly walked over to answer it and before him, was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. His petite brunette was standing there in jeans and a light pink shirt that fit in all the right places. On her shoulders, was her duffel bag which he saw was obviously heavy, since her shoulders were off balance. She looked up at him and gave him her breath-taking smile, and then walked into the apartment, setting down the bag.

Finn immediately lifted it back up, grabbed his and walked out the door. He stood outside the door hoping Rachel would follow him but she just stood there confused.

"We're going out, babe. Come on!" instructed Finn.

Rachel left the room, still in confusion, and he locked the door behind her. He followed her out of the apartment with their bags, and pointed out the car to her. Finn threw the bags in the back, and climbed into the driver's seat. He turned on the car, and looked at her. She was sitting there in silence, with – what he assumed were- hundreds of guesses at what Finn was planning. He smirked at the thought.

"I might as well reveal my plan to you," began Finn, watching Rachel's face expression from the corner of his eye while he drove.

"We are going to a cabin I rented. It's a little vacation for us to celebrate us being together," explained Finn.

"Oh, Finn! That's lovely! Why couldn't you tell me?" asked Rachel.

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise! I'd make the whole idea more fun," he answered with a wink.