Chapter 24: It Better Be Me

It had been six months that they were together and they were going strong. They had been able to see each other a lot more since Rachel's production went off Broadway and that meant a constant switching between apartments. The couple spent most of their time at Finn's apartment, so it was filled with Rachel's stuff. Finn couldn't help but smile every time he would walk around his apartment and find something that belonged to her. There were pairs of underwear in his drawer, her toothbrush in his bathroom, clothing in his laundry, and even her studded compact on the counter. Everywhere he looked, he could find a piece of her.

He was making breakfast for himself, one morning, and the door flew open. Finn didn't even take his attention away from his task, knowing that there were only two people who knew where he hid his spare keys and one of them always knocked. Obviously, Rachel was here.

"Baby?" said the voice behind him

Finn turned around and faced her with a huge smile on his face. He saw the frown on her face and his smile quickly dropped.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Do you know where my silk blouse is?"

"The red or the skin one?" replied Finn, his frown deepening at the thought of him knowing that. The old Finn would never recognize these things but this new guy that had become was completely and totally whipped.

"The red one," she asked, smirking.

"It's either in the laundry or somewhere in the bedroom."

"The laundry!" she exclaimed, running off to go check.

Finn chuckled, and continued to prepare his breakfast. Not long after, he heard her walking back into the room. He, once again, turned to look at her and smiled as she was buttoning the blouse over her bosom. She closed it and then pulled her hair out, letting the straightened strands fall on her shoulders.

"Looks good! What's the occasion?" asked Finn, noticing the skirt that the blouse was paired with.

"I have a meeting with a director," she grinned, clearly showing the pride she had in her words.

"What for?"

"Well, he is directing a revival of Wicked and he wants to meet about a role," she began, giving Finn that look; the look that said he better know where she's going with it.

"They want you to play Elphaba? That's one of your dream roles!" exclaimed Finn, placing his omelette on a plate, rushing to turn off the oven so he could walk over to her.

"Yeah! Can you believe it?" she squeaked.

Finn walked over to her and pulled her into an embrace, lifting her off her feet. She squeezed him back tightly and then he let her down.

"Congrats, love! You will make an amazing Elphaba," beamed Finn.

"Thank you," she laughed, stealing a glance at the clock, "I need to get going! I have no idea who the director is and I need to make a great first impression.

"He'll love you," Finn began, "Not like I do though, because if he did I'd pummel him," he blurted out after realizing what he said.

"You have nothing to worry about. I have eyes for only one man," she beamed looking up at him.

Finn looked at her confused, "It better be me..." he said, hoping that they didn't have to go through a Puck thing again.

"Of course it is!" she laughed, rolling her eyes at his confusion. Rachel got leaned up and planted a quick peck on his lips, bringing a huge grin to his face as he quickly grabbed her lips to return the kiss. Rachel pulled away, and looked at the clock once more.