Chapter 25: Show Your Strength

Tonight was the night that Rachel was set to meet her cast mates. Jesse had set up a dinner, and Rachel insisted on Finn joining them. He mostly thought that it was because she wanted to show him off to Jesse, but a part of him thought that she might be too afraid to face him on her own again.

By this time, Rachel had almost completely moved in to his apartment. She still had a few boxes in hers, and they were still in the process of unpacking but Rachel would sleep at his...their apartment every night, after he had asked. They were going to sell her apartment, as soon as they found a buyer but until then Rachel would still pay the rent. Rachel had insisted to split the rent for their apartment, but Finn wouldn't accept any money until she had sold her own.

Finn was standing in front of the full-length mirror that Rachel had brought in, and stared at his reflection. He was wearing the dress shirt and pants that Rachel had picked out for him. It was a dark blue nicely-fit shirt and a freshly ironed pair of black pants. He had to admit; he looked handsome. Finn was all ready but of course, she was still in the closet picking out what to wear. Her makeup was all done up, her hair was in rollers and she was standing in the closet, in her underwear, staring at its contents.

"Finn, I have no idea what to wear," groaned Rachel.

"You look good in anything," he retorted.

"Are you sure all my boxes of clothing were unpacked?" she asked, causing Finn to slowly grow irritated. They needed to get in the cab in about half an hour if they wanted to make it. He still hadn't told Rachel about the car, though at the moment he wished he had.

"Yes, babe. It's all in there. Remember, you had to throw away some of my stuff?" answered Finn.

"Oh right! Fine, give me five more minutes."

He rolled his eyes knowing that she would be out in longer than five minutes. Finn loved her a lot but he hated waiting for her to get ready. Yeah, she looked stunning once she was all done but the wait was brutal. He threw himself onto the bed, and pulled out a magazine she had left on the bedside table. It was another chick one, but he was bored out of his mind so it would do. Finn was just about to start reading the section on women's sex lives when he heard her walk into the room.

"So what do you think?" asked Rachel, batting her long eyelashes at him.

She had come out in a short black dress that hit a bit past her thighs, showing off her tan, toned legs. It had long sleeves but it fit her like a glove, showing off every curve in her body. His jaw dropped at the sight, but just as he was going to answer her question, she turned around showing off the back of the dress. There was no back; it went all the way down to her lower back. Finn could feel an arousal sprouting at what he was seeing, but especially at the thought that had popped into his head; no back meant no bra.

"You look stunning, babe. So hot!" blabbered Finn, trying to get a grip.

"Thanks! Are you sure it's not too provocative?" she inquired, turning her head to look at her back.

"It's...perfect," he affirmed.

"Great, let me just go fix my hair," she declared as she scampered out of the room to the bathroom.

"Not too long, okay Rach? We need to be out of here in twenty minutes if you want to be on time," reminded Finn.

There was no answer, so Finn just went to the living room and turned on the TV. There was nothing to interesting on, so he just wasted the time surfing the channels. Finally, he heard the sound of heels walking into the room.

"You ready?" asked the voice behind him.

Finn got up, and turned to take another look at his girlfriend. She looked gorgeous with everything done, her hair falling perfectly in loose curls, finishing the whole look. It was her legs, though, that he couldn't take his eyes off. Though she was short, with her heels on, her legs looked like they went on forever.