Chapter 13: Peter Pan

So, now it's time to see if Kurt's plan worked...

Hope you enjoy!

It was opening night and Rachel swore she could hear the pounding of her heart in her ears. Sure, they have been rehearsing for months, and yeah, she knew all her lines and songs by heart, but she still felt uneasy. She didn't feel ready to perform.

After she ended things with Finn, Rachel threw herself into work. She came to rehearsals early every day, left later than everyone and then came home and continued working on her vocals. Rachel had a very hard time removing Finn from her mind and throwing herself into her one true love always distracted her.

Rachel has been in love with Broadway since she was little and it always helped her get through anything. When she was young, she got through the teasing because she knew one day she would be on a Broadway stage, above all of them. It was her life. She practically knew every musical by heart. Rachel was in love with the stories and the music, and she still couldn't believe that she was a part of the magic of Broadway.

Yet here she was... about to get on stage for another big Broadway production. Rachel was so proud of herself for attaining her dreams but there was one small thing bothering her while she was preparing for the curtains to pull back. Rachel didn't have anyone to share this pride with. She wanted someone who would appear at her dressing room with flowers telling her how amazing she was on stage. She wanted someone to sit in the front row and watch her with the biggest grin on his face. Rachel wanted Finn. She knew if they were together, he'd do all those things and more.

She knew that she shouldn't have let this whole space thing go on for this long but after he stopped bothering to call, she stopped hoping for one.

Rachel couldn't even describe how badly she wanted another chance with Finn.

That was it. Finn was sitting in the front row in the suit that Kurt had picked out for him. On his lap sat a bouquet of daisies that Kurt selected. Kurt had picked everything out so that it was all perfect, or Kurt's perfect. Finn hated dressing up like this but if it meant winning Rachel's heart, he was willing to come to her show in a bright yellow suit. He just really wanted to hold her in his arms again, and kiss her. Finn's mind drifted off to the memory of their kiss. It was sensual, and perfect. There was a surge of electricity that ran through him when they kissed.

Finn's mind was just about to drift into a sea of memories, when the lights signalled that the production was about to commence. Finn took in a deep breath and prepared himself to see her on stage.

The last note of the song ended and the theater filled with applause. Rachel couldn't believe it. She had just showed off her new baby and everyone loved it. Though, she almost messed up a few times since each time she looked out towards the first row she would see a man that resembled a lot like Finn, but that had made no sense. Finn doesn't go to musicals and after everything that happened, he wouldn't be at hers. Though, just the idea of it possibly being him almost caused Rachel to miss a few cues but she was too professional to actually miss them.

Rachel stood on stage with her cast mates absorbing the cheering and applause as long as she could. This was her favourite part of performing; the applause that filled the room once she was done. It energized her, and made her want to do it all over again.

Eventually, the curtains closed and Rachel ran off to her dressing room, stopping to congratulate and hug the members of the cast and crew for a successful opening night. She never realized how many people were a part of the production until that moment when it took her so long to get to her room; there were so many people that stopped her. Finally, Rachel arrived in her dressing room. It was simple and only had what she needed; a mini fridge with water and snacks, a couch, her wardrobe and a vanity with the makeup she needed.