Chapter 7: A Confession and A Text

Rachel couldn't help but worry about Finn. He seemed fine for most of the night and then all of a sudden he was on his knees in front of the toilet. What could have caused that? The only other thought in her head was the thought that her plan had failed.

There was no sign whatsoever during her lesson that Finn was in the slightest bit jealous. He didn't mind Noah joining them and she didn't see a reaction when she kissed Noah in front of him.

Noah was right. Her idea was dumb and it had just left her more heart broken. From the moment she met him, she knew that there was something there. She's heard of people finding the one by complete accident and she thought that maybe fate had brought her and Finn together.

Though the only real obstacle was Quinn. Why was it that she always seemed to get everything? She got the guys, she was absolutely stunning and she had money. Rachel couldn't compare to a girl like Quinn. With her big nose and huge mouth, she wasn't even nearly as beautiful as Quinn.

Rachel thought back to the days when she felt beautiful. She was dating Jesse and he made sure to tell her everyday something that he loved about her. Their relationship was practically perfect except for the end. By the end, they were slowly growing apart and fighting here and there though none of this bothered Rachel. She was completely in love with a gorgeous man and all relationships went through those phases...right?

Anyway, one day Jesse textsher that he could no longer be with her. They fought for hours, Rachel begging for him to stay but at the end Jesse just wouldn't have it. He completely tore her heart out. How could someone that made her feel so loved and beautiful also make her feel so unwanted and ugly?

Rachel twitched. Ugh, she really needed to stop thinking about that time of her life.

It was Thursday morning and Noah was supposed to leave for Lima on Saturday morning. They had enjoyed their time together and truly rekindled their friendship, since their time in their fake relationship brought them closer.

She would really miss him though she was disappointed that her plan didn't work out. What did she even think was going to happen? Finn would see her with Puck, realize his love for her and dump Quinn for her. How foolish. That was so stupid.

She could feel tears starting to stream down her face as she walked into her apartment. She had just finished work and Rachel couldn't wait to see Noah. Rachel needed his comfort.

She entered her apartment to see Noah sitting on the couch watching some sitcom on her TV screen. He turned to look at her at the sound of the door opening and quickly shot up to grab her into a hug.

"Baby, what's wrong? Let's sit down and you can rant to me. I'm here babe" soothed Noah.

"It's just...it didn't...he doesn't...I'm unlovable!" muttered Rachel between sobs.

"Now you stop that right now, Rachel Barbara Berry. You are loveable. Look at me! I love you," rebutted Noah in frustration

"Of course you do! We're best friends! I'm..never," the sobs started again, "going...to...find someone...to love me the way Finn...loves... HER."

"Rachel. Yes you will. Finn is just an idiot and he couldn't see how amazing you are because the ice queen has him wrapped around her finger. You will find someone Rachel. I promise," replied Noah while petting her hair trying to soothe her. She knew that Noah hated to see her this way.

"Like who? Jesse didn't want me! Finn doesn't want me! Who?" exclaimed Rachel.

"I want you. Rachel, haven't you realized that I see you as more than a best friend? I've loved you ever since I heard you sing that first day in Glee club. I wanted to be with you, but you saw me as a friend and I had a rep. So, I kept my man whore ways and became you're best friend so that I could be close to you. I love you, Rachel," replied Puck while gazing into her eyes.