Chapter Ten - Another One Joins the Ranks

You began panicking as you watched Oliver fly off in his fairy form with the shrunken down Gilen in his arms. You ran around your house, trying to find your shoes or a pair of shoes that would be comfortable to wear. Luciano helped you, despite not wanting to go after them. So what if they left? That just meant he had two less people to compete with for your love and attention. He noticed how distressed you were with their disappearance, so he disregarded his feelings for a short time to aid you in finding them.

        You thanked him and slipped on the pair of white tennis shoes he had found. Matt was already waiting by the door for the two of you, his ax strapped on to his back. He opened the door for you to go out. You thanked him and walked outside and jogged to the truck you owned. Luciano slithered after you and managed to climb into the bed of the truck, coiling his tail to ensure that he would fit completely. Matt came up beside the truck on your side and told you to follow him since he saw where they went. You nodded and started up the engine before following Matt who galloped away.

         Luciano opened the sliding window that was in the middle of the rear windshield. He poked his head in, not enjoying how much of the cool night air he was receiving. His lips pulled down into a slight frown. He tapped on your shoulder gently. You glanced at him through your rear view mirror.

        "Yes Luciano?"

        "Gattina, why not just leave them? You and I can start a happy life together without them. Wouldn't you like that?"

        "As much as that thought intrigues me, Matt and Oliver are under my care and protection, and Gilen is no different until I can figure out what to do with him. So, I'm not going to abandon them now just so you can have me all to yourself you greedy snake."

        "Ouch... You're words wound me... I'm not a greedy snake..."

        "Oh? And why aren't you one?"

        "Because I'm giving the other boys a chance!"

        "Pfft! Yeah right. Trying to talk me into leaving them is giving them a chance, is it?"

        "... No..."

        "That's what I thought. Now shush and let me concentrate on driving."

        "Sì gattina..."

        Luciano was silent the rest of the ride except for a few mumbled words in Italian here and there. You ignored him and continued to follow Matt without exceeding the speed limit. You felt like you had been driving forever, but it reality it had only been about twenty minutes. Matt finally stopped when the three of you reached a park that was within walking distance of Kimihito's house. It was large, and very open save for the forested area in it. There was a fountain and wide sidewalks for people running, biking, or just walking. It was a very nice park over all, and you loved every aspect of it. Kimihito and you had spent many days there when you were children, just messing around or having lunch with each other's families. Ah, you were very fond of those memories. Perhaps you'd have to talk Kimihito and the girl into having a picnic with you and the boys here sometime.

        You sighed as you parked your truck and killed the engine before climbing out. Luciano did the same and came up beside you. He sat down lower on his tail and wrapped an arm around your waist as a couple of guys neither of you knew stared you down with flirtatious looks. He glared at them and bared his pointed canines. They seemed to get the point and scattered. Luciano smirked triumphantly to himself. He suddenly dipped you, causing you to squeak in surprise as he kissed you. Your cheeks became dusted with a rosy pink hue as you blushed from his actions. You kissed back slightly but pushed on his chest. He parted from you, still smirking.