Letter 3

Stella,

I was thinking about Caleb the other day and everything that you're doing to make sure he's happy and that he's okay. And I was thinking about how I tried to take that away from you when I left. I tried to make you feel like your efforts were useless and I'm sorry for that.

Your love for Caleb is another thing I love about you. Your kindness and the way you forgive everyone and everything is a gift that you have. The way you forgave me for what happened to Caleb is something I am so grateful for.

But Stella, when will you forgive yourself?

We were young, we were stupid, we didn't know what we were doing. We were taking care of ourselves and each other and we screwed up. We screwed up so badly, Stel.

But it happened. And you forgave me and Perry. But you never let yourself off the hook.

Is that why you're staying?

I know you love Caleb, I do too. He's like a brother to me. And I'd never want anything else to happen to him. But we can still keep him safe from here. You can keep him safe and happy from here.

We can visit him or we can move him to a facility here. We can do whatever you want to do. Just please come here. Please come back to me.

I'm empty without you. You are the very best parts of me and I'm drowning. It's been too long since I've answered your calls. It's been too long since I've heard your voice, kissed you, held your hand. It's been too damn long.

I read this thing about how it's almost statistically impossible to find your soulmate because of the amount of people in the world but we found each other. We found each other so easily. We basically woke up in each other's arms and realized how well we fit. I can't let you go.

I'm coming to get you.

I love you.

Rory