Chapter the Eighth

NANCY'S POV

"Eleven. Here are some more things. I guessed an extra small. Also, there are more of those tank tops that you liked over by the bathrooms. Oh, and if you want there's this great little dress shop a few stores down and I think you're in desperate need of some dressed. And we need to get you some jewelry..." I ramble on and on, only stopping when I see El's blank face peering up into my eyes. I always forget how little English she knows.

It's okay though. I've always desperately wanted a sister and now's my chance. And I know El will never be an annoying middle schooler with an emo phase so it's even better. Also the fact that my little brother is adorably in love with her doesn't hurt.

Besides, El's amazing. I can totally see why Mike loves her. She's nice, loyal, beautiful, amazingly curious and innocent, and still a full-blown badass. This weekend that she's been back has been the best weekend of my life. For Mike too.

However, the bar isn't really high. My weekends or any day really hasn't been that great ever since the Upside Down and just that whole week in general. Everyone seems to have forgotten that yeah, we saved one kid, but another kid died. Barb was taken into the Upside Down and never came back and people rejoiced.

Of course, it's great that Will's back but sometimes I just feel like the reaction would've been much different if Barb came back and it was Will that died in that hellhole. There was no assembly for Barb at school. There was no plan to save her, no search parties calling her name. Her funeral wasn't even as big as Will's and there was an actual body in her coffin.

Anyway, it's just been hard. I guess everyone got that happy ending except for Mike and I. And now Mike has gotten his and I guess I'm just stuck here, in that sort-of happy but constantly, slightly sad mindset that no one can fix, not even the awesome little girl who's now my sister.

There ya go, your justice for barb (#barblivesmatter). however, DO NOT think I will bring barb back. sorry guys hate to break it to you but she's very dead. if there was a superlative for dead, it would be her. again, sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.