Chapter the Third

i know i know i know i suck so much i'm so sorry for not updating seriously i'm terribly i'm so sorry guys.

Mike's POV

"Of course I saw it coming idiots, she didn't love me. She loved......him." Dustin said, venom dripping from his voice in the last word.
"Do you know that for sure though?" El asked.
"She said she felt something for someone else and obviously it was Lucas so..." Dustin trailed off.
"Oh my god, again, you and Lucas are not the only guys in Max's life, she may have broken up with for some cool college kid or whatever." El retorted.
"Gee thanks that really makes me feel better." Dustin snorted, his eyes narrowed, glaring at the couch.
"Both if you, stop it. Lucas and Will are getting dinner, I'll just call them and tell them to pick up Max and come over here and we're sorting this shit out." I say in a domineering tone.
They both roll their eyes and sulk like a child who just had their favorite toy taken away. Soon enough though the doorbell rings and we open to see a disheveled Will and Lucas and an annoyed Max.
"They were literally just about to bring my fries so what the fuck do you want?" Lucas snapped.
Soon, we were all sat around the coffee table and finally discussing what had been avoided for the last year.
"Look I already told you Dustin, ever since the end of junior year and my OCD diagnosis (we'll get into that later), I've begun to realize my life is more than this and so I don't know, I've been just living and I've found people with whom I feel things I've never felt before." Max explains.
"So what, you didn't feel anything with me?"
"No it's just, Dustin look, there are different levels of like and I have a higher level for other people."
"Like him?" Dustin spits, glaring at Lucas.
"Not him you douche!" Max yells, getting annoyed.
"I love you, as more than a friend!" Dustin shouts.
"Well I love you as only a friend." Max deadpans.
The room goes silent before Will tentatively tries to crack a joke but is soon talked over by Lucas.
"Well then if it's not me and not Dustin, who do you like?"
"Yeah we've been fighting over you for years, you have to date one of us."
"You're ours."
I've only seen Max purely, second degree murder, raging mad two other times. Once, in sophomore year when we were talking about Japanese internment in history and the kid in our class told the sweetest girl ever, Aiko, that her family deserved what they got and we should just finish what they started and kill all the japs. The second time was in 11th grade when some guy catcalled Max and El tried to stand up for her and some guy said she needed to "just get raped all ready." Both times the perpetrator ended up in the hospital and Max had to wiggle her way out of a lawsuit and expulsion.
So when I saw Max's face towards Lucas and Dustin we immediately leaned protectively towards them. Not because what they did wasn't reprehensible-which it was, but because there was a very good chance Max could literally kill them.
"I'm yours? I'M YOURS?!?! I'M MINE, IDIOTS AND I WILL REMAIN SO UNTIL MY DYING DAY. I DID NOT ASK YOU TO BE IN LOVE WITH ME SO DONT TRY AND SAY I "OWE IT TO YOU" TO DATE ONE OF YOU GUYS. LOOK YOURE NOT THE ONLY MEN-NO, BOYS ON EARTH AND THERE ARE OTHERS WHO DONT TREAT ME LIKE IM SOME PROPERTY FOR THEM TO TRADE AND FIGHT OVER. BESIDES, YOU CANT FIGHT OVER SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD. SO LUCAS, YEAH I HAD A CRUSH ON YOU FOR LIKE A WEEK BUT THEN IT VANISHED WITHIN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. AND DUSTIN. YEAH, I PITY DATED YOU AND THEN I BROKE UP WITH YOU BECAUSE I WANTED TO LET MYSELF SEE OTHER GUYS AND I THOUGHT YOU WERENT SUCH A WIMP AS TO THROW A FIT OVER IT BUT I CAN NOW SEE HOW WRONG I WAS."
And then Max blindly punched someone in the face, thinking it was Lucas or Dustin but was surprised when the person who dropped to the floor, unconscious, was Will.
"Oh shit! Oh my god Will oh my god oh my god I'm so so sorry oh my god!" Max frantically said as she shook Will awake. Luckily, Dustin and Lucas knew to stay away and Max eventually escorted a disoriented Will onto the couch.
"Ohmygod are you okay???"
"Do I look tough?" Will croaked and we all laughed, the tension in all of us finally easing.
"Sure ya do big guy." El laughed and we all chimed in, momentarily forgetting the reason for his black eye in the first place.

y'all are awesome. seriously. okay i just wanted to say that. cool