*Chapter 20*

Criss closed the door behind Shaunyl and had a very long conversation with her about their son, and how he would die if she tried to take him away...he didn't want to fight her in court for him...for Johnny needed both his mom and dad...no matter how much they had their disagreements, Johnny was the only priority that mattered...Shaunyl argued the matter over with him, but finally 5 hours later she told him, that she would never take Johnny away from him, for Johnny would never forgive her for that...but she asked Criss if he would please stop asking her to like his new girlfriend and shoving me on her, for she really disliked me...Criss said he would stop if she would stop being jealous of the fact that his son liked her alot...and that I was very good to their son. Shaunyl agreed she'd back off...then opened the door and told him to get out of her bedroom, he gave a cynical grin and told her he remembered when she wouldn't let him leave her bedroom...she kicked his ass and said that was then...this is now...and that the moment was way past. Criss kissed his finger and pointed to her and said ditto, honey.

Criss giggled all the way to his sons room, where he looked in on him and saw he was sleeping peacefully, then headed to his room, until Oso and Chicklet reminded him of their potty time...he unlocked the doggy door and told them to let themselves out...they ran out and romped around for a few hours and did their duty, and decided it was cooler out on the porch for them to sleep so they stayed out.

Criss came into his room and saw me sitting in the chair brushing out my long black hair...he walked up behind me and kissed my forehead, and playfully grabbed my brush and began brushing my hair for me...then he told me to watch as he began to put tiny braids in my hair with just three fingers on his right hand...after he put three braids on each side, I spun the chair around and asked him if there was anything in the world that he couldn't do....he said probably, but he just couldn't think of what it was right now. He lifted me out of the chair like I was weightless and carried me to the bed...I smiled at him and told him he forgot to turn off the light...he looked up at the bedroom light and snapped his fingers and it went off...then he crawled very close to me and wrapped tightly around me and told me how much he loved me, then kissed my lips and went peacefully to sleep.

I stayed up holding onto him tightly afraid that I wouldn't have him for very long...for I knew my parents were going to figure out where I was, and that there was no way in hell they were going to let me be happy...and I pondered on it so long that I cried myself to sleep. I was awakened by a slight whining and jumped out of bed very quickly afraid it might be Johnny, I ran to his room where he was sitting up in bed crying for he threw up all over the bed and on himself...I picked him up and rocked him back and forth and told him everything was alright, that it was a mess, that was easy to clean...I carried him to the bathroom and cleaned him up and began to fix his bed up when Shaunyl walked in from using the restroom...I told her he was alright now, but she checked him anyway...Johnny reached for me and I sat down next to the bed and handed him Cuppie, which was my old wore out stuffed bunny that I carried with me everywhere...he saw it on me and fell in love with it, so I gave it to him...Shaunyl watched how I treated her son, and realized that she had been jealous for no reason and that I really loved her son...after I tucked him and Cuppie in, I kissed his forehead and told him good night...he closed his eyes and went back to sleep instantly.

I headed back to Criss's room when Shaunyl asked me to have a talk with her in the kitchen...I followed her in and we sat at the bar, and she apologized to me for the way she acted around and to me, I accepted her apology very quickly and said Johnny was a very special little boy and that he stole my heart at first sight...she asked about that stuffed rabbit, and I told her....then she promised that she would let him keep it, for he liked that raggedy old thing more than any of his new toys. I smiled at her and told her she better get some rest, for she had to get up real early for her flight...she said oh yeah that's right she was leaving in the morning...she shook hands with me and told me good night....but I begged her not to take Johnny away from Criss, for that would kill him, and I loved him too much to lose him.

Shaunyl walked over to me and said she was never going to do that to Criss...that she was just pissed off at him, and that was the only leverage she had at the time...for she loved her son too much to ever take his father away from him...then Shaunyl added that for as good as a mother figure as I was, I should really think about having a child of my own...and that I could never ask for a better man to do that with than Criss. Shaunyl left me standing there in total confusion, at that comment...should I think about having a baby of my own...or am I still to young and nieve to handle that kind of responsibility...and would Criss even want another child, after having Johnny. And does he love me enough to want one with me. My parents would kill me and bury Criss under the prison if they ever found out about the engagement ring he put on my finger...