Chapter 4

Katy’s POV

I don’t think I know what was more hilarious.   My friends’ face of utter shock when Kyle casually strolled into my room and sat down on my bed and looked like he was expected.  Or my face that I just happened to see in my mirror.  Shock and admiration.  Shocked just as much as my friends to see him here and admiration for walking in and owning my room in front of the two people who were just talking and obsessing how they could approach him.  They never thought that he would come to them.  Frankly I didn’t want him to either. 

“Go on,” he said casually, “I know you want to ask something, as do you, Katy Ann.”

Brie and Lexy’s heads spun around to face me.

“How did he know your middle name?” Brie fired.

I thought about it for a moment. “Yeah, how do you know my middle name?” I turned the attention back to Kyle.

“Didn’t you tell me?”

“No I didn’t.” I said defiantly.

“Calm down, Katy, we don’t need another episode were you slam me into the wall and you start loosing control of yourself.  By the way, I recommend some place secluded if you ever want to go all out, because quite frankly, I think you might actually smother people if you really wanted to.” He shrugged.

“Katy, you dirty girl!  Being alone in your room with the new hottie and pushing him against your wall without telling us, not cool… girl code K, remember?” Lexy started telling me.

Brie piped in, “We didn’t give her the chance remember?”

“Oh yeah, that's true.”

“Okay back to you cujo. Let me see what else you know about our girl.”

He shrugged and then winked at me like this was not some exam that he didn’t know any of the answers to, except my age, because I didn’t spill anything.

“First question, how old is she?” Brie started. “Seventeen.”

“Second question, when is her birthday?” Lexy asked.

“March 29, 1995.” My mouth dropped open.

“Third question, what was the worst thing that she did with us, two summers ago?” Brie asked smugly.  She knew he wouldn’t know that one because we were all sworn to secrecy.

“You went into the city, about an hour from here and pretended you were… strippers?  Really? You guys polled danced in a bar full of humans and spent the money on new bras at Victory Secret… Really?  That’s the worst you have done?  I could have done so much better.”  While he paused as if to remember a worse memory, Brie’s and Lexy’s mouth were wide open and mine went further down.  “Oh wait she did do something worse a little before that.  She went up to Vegas and-” I quickly took strides toward him and slapped my hand over his mouth in horrification.  They didn’t even know what I did in Vegas.  Like the saying goes, ‘What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas.’ I added to that saying ‘permanently’ at the end. 

“Guys I don’t even know how he found out about the stripping party we had, let alone my Vegas trip, but I swear I didn’t say two pennies worth of anything.”  I turned to face him, “Speaking of which, how did you know any of that, and I mean any of it.”

Kyle’s POV

As Katy took away her hand from my mouth, I understood she didn’t want me to continue that line of discussion. Her friends were still sitting on her carpeted floor in the center of the room but Katy decided to stay seated next to me on the bed.  For the first time, I noticed her bedroom and its design.