Chapter 11

Kyle's POV

I raised an eyebrow.  Guess it is true when they say it only takes one time. 

“So why didn't Steven try to immediately get you to a doctor after you told him you were pregnant?”

She chuckled, “Well, I may have exaggerated when I said that I told Steven right when I saw.  In fact, I couldn’t ever figure out the right time to tell him, I mean, either we were going at it like bunnies, busy hunting for food, or he was teaching me about being a shifter. “

“So when did you tell him?”

“I may have exaggerated again when I said I told him too.” She said sheepishly.

We were out hunting when I tried to shift back.  I don’t know what possessed me to do it right after we just took down a deer but I did. When Steven felt my panic, he quickly came to my side and nuzzled my nose.

‘What’s wrong love?’ he asked through are mating link.

‘I can’t shift back to human! I just tried and I can’t!’

I felt his amusement, ‘Calm down and try again my love.  Maybe you just panicked when it didn’t happen right away.’

I relaxed and realized he was probably right, that was until I tried shifting again.  Instead of the smooth transition I now had from shifting frequently, I got a sharp pain from my stomach. The baby!  I was already slightly showing at my three week mark, but Steven hadn’t noticed yet.  I whimpered and froze in place and stopped trying to go back to human form.  

Steven instantly was sending my comfort and was at my side, ‘What’s wrong love, please tell me.’

‘I was in pain when I tried.’ I told him. I'm not sure why I don’t just tell him, it’s not like we don’t love each other.  I guess it might have been me feeling guilty that I hadn’t told him so far and felt he would be so upset with me for not telling him right away. 

I feel his confusion and my wolf keeps trying to convince me to tell him.  It’s now or never I suppose.

‘I’m pregnant.’ He just stares.  I feel nothing through our bond except shock.  Lots and lots of shock. So much in fact that I start to feel like it’s my own emotion.  I finally end up pushing his feelings away thought, so that I can keep talking. 

‘It was a week after you left me at the compound.  My wolf was acting weird, I craved red meat, I was having morning sickness, and I just knew I was pregnant.  Before that, I was so busy driving myself insane with not being near you that I never noticed that I had missed my period.  Finding out I was pregnant was the last straw for me.  I knew that if I didn’t find you, I would end up dying from not being around you like I should be, and if I died, our baby would be orphaned without ever knowing either of us… so I went looking for you.

'Then I found you, and every second that we were together, we were just so busy being caught up in each other that I never found the time to tell you.  So I waited and waited. Then today, I found out that I can’t shift and when I tried again like you asked, my stomach felt like I was being stabbed and I realized I’m probably not supposed to be shifting back and forth while carrying a child.  So now, I'm stuck in this form forever! I’m so sorry Steven!’

If I could have cried, I would have. Steven was still shell shocked but in the end, he managed to pull out of it enough to talk to me.

“My love, you won’t stay in your wolf form forever, don’t worry, after you give birth, you’ll be able to shift back just fine.  It’s not common, but some shifters every now and again choose to carry their child while in wolf form.  The only consequences, or rather conditions to doing this is that one, you obviously can’t shift back to human form until after you give birth, two, the mother wolf will end up giving birth to a litter, which is really odd considering we are human first then wolf, so it is not just going to be one pup, third, the pups will be in wolf form, obviously, when born and usually won’t shift until they’re about one in wolf years, which isn’t so bad, and four, you will only gestate for two months, which she-wolves seem to think is amazing.  Don’t worry my love, I’ll just stay in wolf form with you.” He gives me a wolfy smile and I relax, he isn’t mad at me.

‘So you’re not mad that I withheld it from you for so long?’

‘No, I had a friend whose mate didn’t tell him until she was three months.  I don’t think waiting three weeks is that bad compared to that.  Just don’t keep anymore secrets my love.’

I sent him my feeling of gratitude and love through our bond before trotting off to go eat the deer we captured earlier.  I wasn’t about to let good food go to waste. 

When my two months were over, let me tell you, it was still f***ing painful to give birth no matter what form.  Steven, my poor mate, nearly passed out by the time the forth puppy came out. Me? I was about to shit a brick angry. 

‘I’m never letting you get me pregnant again Steven! Mark my words! If I have to stop having sex all together, so be it!’ I said to him repeatedly. 

He growled at that and went back to nuzzling the four tiny balls of fur.  If I wasn’t so pissed I would have thought it was cute.

Awhile later, out came the fifth.  ‘Do I have a baby girl yet? Because I swear, if I have all boys and no girls, blood is going to flow.’ I growled in pain. ‘This better be the last kid, because if I end up with more kids then octomom then I will castrate you myself.

He looked up,’ technically you could have one more and still have less then octomom.’  I snapped at his jaw, ‘This better be my girl.’

Lo and behold I got my baby girl.  And thank God she was the last child too. 

After one wolf year my six little devils turned into little humans for the first time.  It was quiet intriguing to see who they looked like.  The boys definitely looked like their father.  My precious little baby girl looked just like me.  Because of this, Steven went into father protection mode.  He claimed that he was going to run all the boys that even thought about looking at her off.  

I rolled my eyes, ‘You’ll do no such thing, her brothers will be already doing that, and she doesn’t need you doing it too.’ I smiled, I had my mate and my six adorable munchkins.  I sometimes had those little pangs in my heart when I thought about my father, though.  It had been nearly a year since I disappeared, and even I know that he would have taken notice that I had disappeared. 

“Have you seen your father since?” I asked. 

“Yes actually, I did get to see my father before I left the forest there.  One day while Steven and I were out hunting in our wolf forms, he came across the two of us.  I am slightly embarrassed to say though that I accidentally shifted in front of him out of shock of seeing him in such a long time.  Talk about an awkward moment." Adrianna said.

 “He found out he magically had six grandkids too.”  Katy suddenly said from behind me. I whipped my head around to face her and I could hear Adrianna laughing.

“You ready to leave Kyle? I finished talking to my dad.” She said and I nodded my answer.  Getting up the chair, I waved goodbye to Katy's mom, before shortly following after my mate.

Please comment and vote, i like the feed back from my readers... Oh if anyone of you would like to create a cover for this you're welcome to do, in fact, i would really appreciate it.  YES PLEASE MAKE ME COVER!  I WANT TO WHAT AWESOME STUFF YOU GUYS CAN MAKE!

Thanks, nikki <3