Chapter 17

Tyler’s POV

I close the front door silently behind me and pray that my mom didn’t hear me sneaking out.  I love her to pieces but if she caught me leaving the house at eleven at night on a school night, she would be furious.  I was just lucky that she decided to go to bed early tonight since dad wasn’t going to be back until tomorrow morning. She usually would stay up and wait for him but dad mentioned at breakfast earlier today that he was going to visit one of his best friends that was getting married soon.

Lucky me. 

“Tyler! Hurry up!” I heard my best friend Kyle whisper harshly at me.

“Don’t get your knickers in a twist dude.” I joke at him.

“I wouldn’t be on your ass Tyler if you didn’t wait so long to sneak out!” he said slapping me on the back of my head before running ahead of me. 

“Relax, the party isn’t going anywhere.” I said while chasing after him. 

Kimmy O’Donnel, a senior and the head cheerleader at our school, handed out only one hundred invitations to her annual goodbye summer pool party.  As sophomores and already at the top of the school hierarchy, Kyle and I were on that select list.  Even though we were both only fifteen, wolves had a strong tolerance to alcohol, which was an absolute guaranteed to be there.  I wouldn’t be surprise it the punch was spiked… again. 

Kyle and I weren’t at her beginning party last year, being the lowly freshman we were, but once it became apparent we were the new generation of kings of the school, we got our invites to her end of the year party.  Let’s just say that skinny dipping and piñatas don’t mix very well. 

Her house was one of those regular two story houses that was owned by her usually absent, lawyer, parents.  In fact, her house was only two blocks away from the community development that housed our pack. 

Kyle let out a holler of delight as we finally came face to face with Kimmy’s house.  Music was spilling out of the house at a low enough volume so that the neighbors wouldn’t complain but loud enough inside so that you could barely hear someone talking right next to you.  I was a little disappoint that no one was passed out drunk yet on the front yard.  Yet, I still had faith that it would happen by the end of the night if the cops weren’t called.

As we walked through the door, it was already in full swing with girls in very short dresses, and I mean short as in panties are showing if they do any dancing and breasts are jiggling everywhere they go, couples practically having sex against the walls, and the expensive tequila from above the fridge being distributed in make shift shot glasses. That was just inside, outside, Kimmy with her three best friends and the captains and co-captains of the football, baseball, and basketball teams were playing dare or dare while a couple of people floated on top of the pool, cooling off from gods know what.

Kimmy suddenly looked up and noticed Kyle and I standing outside and crooked a finger at the both of us to come to her.  We both pulled two of the plastic chairs sitting against the wall of the house and shoved them into nonexistent spaces around the circle table. 

“Here are the rules,” Kimmy said then gestured to the tequila, “If you don’t do a dare then you have to take two shots, if you do it, then the person that said the dare has to take one. You guys in?” I nodded and watched as Kyle did the same.

“Okay, its Sam’s turn, you can ask whoever you want to do the dare except for the person that just went, the person who tells the dare is going in a circle unless the person passes.”