Chapter 5

Katy’s POV

How long would this last? This feeling that is rising up inside, that is completely overwhelming me. Being surrounded in my mate's arms was euphoric. As I pushed closer, I sighed in content as Kyle pulled me more tightly to him.

"Morning beautiful."  He said spinning me around to face him.  He pressed a kiss to the crown of my forehead.  "Do you feel better?"

Heat then rushed to my cheeks as memories came rushing to the front.  I had passed out and Kyle had come into my mind and had ran his fingers through my wolf's and my own hair.  Not to mention the erotic dreams that he became the star in.  I think I needed a cold shower.  

Ducking my head to his chest, I tried to cover my blood red face from the world.  I fainted in front of Lexy and Brie and then my mind made all sorts of fantasies while he held me in his arms, which was a plus, except for the fact sometimes I muttered in my sleep.

"Katy, did I say something wrong?"

God no.  He was perfection, and he belonged to me, mine.

"Katy?" his lip quivered.

As I looked into his eyes, they showed depression and fear of rejection. My eyes began to sting as tears began to rim my eyes and I felt the first tear slide down my cheek.  He thought I didn't want him.

"Katy, are you okay?"

"You know, I'm fine, it's just that I'm embarrassed that I fainted in front of Lexy and Brie.  Meanwhile my mind-" I stopped as I began to mention my dreams to him.  As I looked up to face him I noticed that his eyebrows were slightly raised but I started again, "you were here the whole time and it must of been awkward everyone probably stared at you-" he cut my triad of a speech off when he took my face in his hands and lowered his lips to mine. Reaching up, I twined my fingers into the hair that had been plastered to the back of his neck and traced the strands up.  

"You like to make long speeches don't you?" He said as he moved across my check and down to my neck.

"Well, you looked really sad- so I wanted to explain- explain to you, why I did- did that to you," I panted out quickly, "but you- okay, I’ll shut up now."

He growled as he raked his teeth against my neck before he left it and reaffirmed his lips to mine.  Not long afterwards, I began to gently prod against his lips for entrance and he quickly let me in.  As soon as I drew back, he pushed forward and began to explore me instead.   Out of nowhere, I found myself underneath him as he propped himself up on his elbows and stared down at me.  When I looked into his eyes I noticed that his pupils were heavily dilated to the point that the irises were barely even there.

"We should stop." he stated huskily.

Drawing in a breath, I was cut from my reply when there was a knock at my door.

As Kyle sat up, he pulled me into his lap and gave me a lazy grin and nodded toward the door.

"Come in." I called out.

As Robert walked in, he said, "You should really come and get some food.  Breakfast has been long since pasted and lunch was served an hour ago." he shrugged, "By the way, Katy, there are a bunch of rumors going around the pack about you.  The rest of rumors are about Kyle. Some are saying that he is trouble since he didn't submit when that demanding Alpha presence appeared; also, some are worried that he could be your mate, and then many are wondering what Alpha was packing that punch yesterday.  Everyone is really antsy and dad wants to talk to you this morning.  He doesn't seem to be the happiest camper at the moment so I'll leave that to you." he smiled and closed the door behind him.