Chapter 10

Kyle's POV

I groaned.  I didn’t really enjoy the fact that I had to listen to Katy’s mom talk about having S-E-X.  It was just so gross to hear about it.  I mean no offence to the people who like to openly talk about that, but unless you’re keeping it in the bedroom with whatever person, I just find it so weird.

It was bad enough that one time I could hear my own parents doing it.  With our shifter hearing and everything, you hear everything that goes on at night.  I was scared for life at age twelve. 

“Umm, no offence Ms. Watcher- Adrianna, but-”

She cut me off, “Sorry I promise, no more of the dreaded S-E-X will be mentioned in my story or kissing.  I wouldn’t want to hurt your virgin ears darling.” She teased.  I groaned again. 

“I need to go back to my dad.” I stated somewhat lost. 

I mean what should a girl do when she just banged some random guy, claiming to be your mate, and is a shifter who can turn into a wolf?  Run.  Run is what we do because that just might be the only thing that we can think of in advance.  

Steven tensed above me. When I looked into his eyes, I flinched.  They held an accusing glare of hurt and anger. 

“Fine.” He got off me and grabbed his shorts he had taken off previously for shifting purposes.  Since I had refused to even take off an article of my clothing, my clothing was now a ripped pile of shreds on floor.  So now, I had nothing to wear.  Sometimes I was just to damned stubborn. 

I snapped out of my thoughts when he threw his shirt at me.  Quickly catching it, I drew it over my head. 

“Thanks,” I mustered out.

He grunted and picked up all of my shredded cloths and started walking back towards the woods and out of the clearing that we were using to practice.  I followed silently behind him, wishing I had a way to break the awkward silence.

Nearly ten minutes later I started to recognize the woods, if that was even possible, of the area near where my father and the rest of his team were staying.  In another five, we came to a stop when I could see the opening in the gate I had used last night to escape unnoticed by the guards. 

“I guess this is good bye.” Steven said simply and dashed back into the woods and disappeared. 

My whole body cried out at the loss of him but I forced myself to slip back into the compound and back to my room that was a couple doors down from my fathers.  Thankfully, I didn’t see anyone who could witness myself only wearing Steven’s shirt that barely passed my mid-thigh.

Safely inside my room, I sighed.  It was nothing luxurious, just a simple bed and a small nightstand with a lamp on top and a small hand held mirror.  Most of the compound was made up of the huge testing lab.  Everything else in the compound was a small 10 by 10 foot rooms.  Untouched on my bed was the paranormal romance book I had planned to read when I got back from my trip into the forest the other day.  Funny how I felt like I could now personally relate to the heroine in the book.

I grabbed a change of clothes and snuck off to the communal showers, again without being seen and began to wash off all the grime I had accumulated from sleeping on the cave floor and rolling around in the forest clearing a mere half an hour before.

After my nice long forty minute shower, I was finally convinced that I had no more grime anywhere on me.  Finished with drying myself off, I pushed my comfy t-shirt over my head and quickly pulled up my sweatpants.   I concluded with wrapping my hair up with the towel and grabbing Steven’s shirt.