Chapter 19

Katy’s POV

I smiled in content as I lied in Kyle’s arms after our hot love making.  As I ran my fingers through his hair, he let out a content sigh in his sleep while pulling me closer to his body.

Snuggling closer, I allowed myself to relax into his brace for just awhile longer before delicately moving myself out of his arms and off the bed. 

I gathered my clothes that had been hastily scattered around the room earlier and slipped them back on.  Taking one last look at Kyle, I slipped out the door before I allowed myself to feel the guilt of not listening to him.

It was dark in the pack house, the glowing clock in the kitchen blinked 3:10 am yet you could still hear some of the pack members outside, still enjoying the later festivities for the adults. 

Once I slipped out of the house, I made my way back towards the woods that Lyte was still in.  It was really easy to sneak into them, all things considering, I frowned at that.  I would need to tell my dad that we need to fix this.  If someone could easily get out, that means someone could easily get in.

It was nearly an hour later when I still hadn’t found Tyler.  He should have made it easier for me to find him since he was already expecting me.

“Lyte, I swear to the goddess that if you don’t show yourself to me in the next couple of minutes, I will come with people to hunt you down.  I only want to talk, but I really would rather be in my nice and warm bed with my mate right now.” I yelled out into the darkness.

“Don’t get your panties in a wad Kathy, I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anyone else in the woods.” Tyler said while stepping out from the shadows to my right.

I snorted, “No one was following you except for me.  I would have felt them through the pack link.”

He rolled his eyes but lifted up a hand in gesture for me to follow him.

It took me a second to decide that I really shouldn’t be following him but I did it anyways because I needed to know who he was working for.

Jolting out of my inner ramblings, I had to run a little to catch up with him.  When I got to the place that his scent stopped, I had to swing my head every which way looking for him.

“Tyler?!” I called out.

Tyler stepped out from behind a tree and I had to swallow a scream, then suck in a breath of air to calm my heart before I alerted Kyle.  It was one of those things that mates could sense so that they would know if their other half was in danger or not.

Without a word, he started in to the forest causing me to scramble to keep up.  I had absolutely no idea how he expected us to get off this mountain before we were noted missing.  After at least three miles away from the pack, we finally came to a stop and I could only gawk at the ATV that he had just uncovered from loose branches.  It had hunting spray covering it to mask the scent of the mechanical beast and the gasoline that leaked into the air. 

Kyle was right that I should not have come.  It didn’t even hit me until now that maybe Tyler was working with people that I might not be able to fight.  Yet I could not back out now.  The fact that he already had everything set up like he did, left no doubt that Tyler showed up right before the festival on purpose.

“Time to go Katy.”

I nodded my head in agreement while jumping onto the ATV behind him.  I went to Tyler knowing that I was going to have to go into the unknown to get the answers I needed, now I just hoped that I would make it out alive at the end of it all.

I’m sorry Kyle. I sent to my mate and closed off his panic that quickly came at my voice and the seemingly goodbye that made him know that I hadn’t listened to him.

Tyler suddenly pressed the gas pedal down on the vehicle, causing me to lurch forward and cling to his waist in order to keep myself from falling off the ATV. 

We ended up sitting in silence until we reached a trail that led back into civilization.  But it wasn’t either of us who began the talking that ultimately shattered the silence, it was the blaring ring tone of Tyler’s phone that shredded through it. 

Tyler pulled over to the side of the path before digging his phone out from his back pocket of his jeans. 

“Lyte.” He answered.

“You better tell me you have good news or your head is going to be on a pike.” The voice said from the phone.

“I have her.” Kyle replied back simply.

There was silence on the other end of the line. “Good. You know where we are meeting, try not to keep me waiting.” The voice said before the series of beeps let me know that the call had been disconnected.

“Nice guy you have there.” I remarked.

Tyler sighed, “Yeah but he is the boss and he isn’t meant to be kept waiting, so let’s go.”

He drove the ATV back onto the path way and we resumed our silence. 

So that was his boss.  At least I knew his voice now. 

Unknown’s POV

Finally. Katherine was finally on her way.  Finally I could leave this god forsaken town.  The shitty little motel I had been forced to stay at had been my prison for the last few days.

The locals had gotten to me.  It was disconcerting that they looked at me like they knew everything about me and were silently condemning me.  Each and every single one of them.   I couldn’t even get a decent meal here anymore. That's why I didn’t even bothering ordering food after the second time I had been given something that resembled glop and had pieces of questionable stringy bits sticking out from every edge.

Yet it didn’t matter anymore. Soon I would be in a taxi and back to civilization.  Maybe she would be the one that would survive.  I rubbed the stubble on my chin and grimaced.  All the other females had ended up killing themselves to escape from themselves.  No matter how hard I tried to stop them, they all found a way to end their lives.

Oh well, I guess I would just have to find out.

Kyle’s POV

My wolf was going crazy by the time I finally finished blinking away my sleep haze.  I stretched out and went to reach for Katy, but my arm only found nothing there.

Cold dread settled in my stomach, causing my eyes to snap open and  to start scanning the room.  Yet there was still no Katy.  Maybe she was just in the bathroom.

I’m sorry Kyle. I heard Katy say in my head before she severed the connection and any chance I had with communicating with her.

I howled out in pain and got out of bed and quickly slipped on my discarded pants.  At this point I didn’t care if I woke the whole pack or not.  Let them come.

Cameron was the first to walk in.  His father quickly came in behind him and his mother trailing after him.

“What’s going on?” Steven finally questioned.

“She’s gone.” I said with a growl, “Tyler was a traitor to this pack and he was working with someone else as well.  He told her that if she came with him, he would tell her everything.”

By now I had my shirt on.

Steven snarled, “And you just let my daughter sneak away?”

My wolf had enough, it clawed at me to let it loose but I held on by a thin straw, “No I wouldn’t just let her walk away.  She snuck away, now I’m going to go find her."

Hi guys! 

so what do you think of Katy's dad now? i sort of feel like he is turning into a dushbag... let me know in the comment about that and please vote, it lets me know that you do like, i hope

-Nikki <3