Chapter 22

Kyle’s POV

It took us three days, but we eventually found the place that Katy was probably being held.

“You didn’t have to come.” I told Cameron, still pissed that he trailed after me.

Cam sneered at me, “She may be your mate brother but in our family, we stick together.  My father was wrong to just think that Tyler hadn’t betrayed him and stole his daughter, my baby sister, and your mate.  In all honesty, she probably would be dead with the record this sadistic bastard has, even if she is as tough as nails.”

I growled, that was one of the things we learned while looking for her.  Supposedly, in packs across the globe, females that were next in line to be Alpha were disappearing and later being found tortured.

Cam threw his hands up in the air, “Relax Kyle, if she was dead you would know, blocked connection or not.”

That was another thing I was pissed about, she hasn’t been able to contact me through our bond.  It only made me more fearful of what could make her not be able to or want to get in contact with me.

I sighed and stared at the abandoned hospital building.  A shadow of the cross emblem barely showed because of all the weathering on the building from where the neon sign used to be held. It was now beginning to blend in with the peeling paint on the wall since they had fallen into disuse.  In the area were automatic sliding doors were once placed, nothing remained as someone had pried them off and taken them.  As I tipped my head back, I noticed that the building had six whole floors.  That was a lot of rooms to check if her scent was being blocked.

Besides me, Cam nudged me and gestured me to follow him into the lobby. Giving an appreciative sign that nothing scurried across the floor once in the lobby, I turned back to my partner.

Breaking his promise to remain quiet, he began singing.  Horrible off key singing that was surely alerting everyone here that we had arrived.

“Eny, meny, miny mo. Which floor should the big bad wolves go? If we find her hurt, let us sing: ‘Watch out villains, cuz’ we’re coming to kick ass!’”

The irony wasn’t lost on me when his index finger landed on the label that read: Sixth floor.

“I-i-i-i-i-i!” he screamed and charged toward the stair entrance, ready to tread up six flights of stairs.

Before he even reached the door to the stairwell, Tyler stepped out from the shadows, causing my breath to hitch. Without a doubt, my love, my mate, my forever was here.  Cameron came to a screeching halt and stopped within feet of him and quickly leapt a couple feet back.

Still shocked that I was finally close to my mate, I stood still by the doorway, hoping that Cam wouldn’t go charging Tyler quite yet.

“Going somewhere pup?” Tyler said, his voice ringing out in the silence.

“I want my sister back traitor!” Cam yelled.

Tyler just chuckled, “Don’t you know, she is coming to work with me now.”

I snorted, “I doubt she would work with someone who is kidnapping females, ones that were about to become alphas anyways, and killing them."

“They only died because they didn’t want to join us.  Katy of course is different and decided to join us, that’s why you don’t hear her screaming right now.”

“You hurt her?” I finally managed to seethe out in anger.  By the time I was done with this guy, there wasn’t going to be anything left to identify him by.