Chapter 24

Kyle’s POV

It felt like it took forever to get to the sixth floor, especially being that I had check all the others first.

“Can I be let out yet Neil? I’m going stir crazy just sitting in this itty bitty room for the last couple of days!” Katy’s voice called out to this supposed Neil.

I came to a stop in front of her “room” and watched as her eyes widened when she realized that it was actually me. Ignoring the pain, I ripped a whole into the cell.

“Kyle!” She shrieked as I momentarily staggered into her prison room.  Blood loss was making me woozy but I could feel myself healing already so I should be fine.

As soon as my arms closed around her, I was relieved.  I didn’t care that my body ached everywhere, I ceased caring about all of that when I felt my mate come into my arms.  After a few moments, I pushed her slightly away from me so that I could catalog her injuries a little more.

“Katy, are you okay?” I asked, eyeing the pink skin and some of the bruises that were almost faded away.  She was limping so I knew she had wounds under her dress, but I wasn’t going to question her if she didn’t want to talk about it.

“Fine enough.  What about you?” She said.

I grinned at her, “Just a few flesh wounds.” I shrugged, if she was going to vague, then so was I.

She snorted and muttered something about men.

I laughed but grabbed her hand all the same and she tailed after me in the hallway.  I started to go down the hallway but stopped as something occurred to me.  Unfortunately, my stopping caused her to run into me.

She hissed and looked up to me in question.  “What?” she asked curiously.

“Did you really join sides with them?”

“Yes.” she said, “they had me three days Kyle.  Only one of those was spent screaming.”

In a quieter voice she said, “I didn’t want to scream in pain anymore Kyle.” she walked passed me and opened the door to the stairwell and started down them.

Silently I followed behind.  Stupid, stupid, stupid I thought to myself. What happened to not pushing her to talk?

Halfway down I heard growling and the howls of pain coming from underneath me.  Katy turned to look back at me, “What is that.”

“Your brother, Cameron.  He’s holding off Tyler while I went to go find you.  Which wasn’t too difficult now that I think about it.” I added.

“It wasn’t like he would have guards,” she told me, “it would draw to much attention and blow his cover that the hospital wasn't as abandoned as it should be.”

I nodded and we continued down the stairs, this time faster since Katy wanted to make sure Cameron was okay.

“He’s fine Katy.” I tried to reassure me.  She remained silent though.

Once we reached the first floor, she peeked out through the small window that was in the door and looked out to see Cameron pinning Tyler to the floor. Assured that it was safe now, she pushed the door open so that we could both exit and make our way over to Cameron. 

“Knock him out Cam,” she said, “we need to go before Neil gets back.”

He growled but complied by grabbing Tyler with his powerful teeth and flung him into the wall, sufficiently causing Tyler to turn back to his human form and slump to the floor.

“Okay, let’s go—” she started to say but was cut off when a gun went off and a bullet lodged itself into Cam’s wolf’s left shoulder.

Cam howled out in pain as blood began pouring out of the wound.

“Silver!” she hissed before trying to move away from me to help her brother.  I wasn’t going to let her put herself in harm’s way again though.  So I quickly grabbed her as someone started clapping.

I understood that silver was deadly but we needed to make a distraction so that she didn’t get hurt trying to help.

It was Neil, the guy who kidnapped my mate, “Well give the girl a prize.” He said.

Ignoring Neil, Katy struggled to get out of my grasp so that she could get to her brother. I only held her tighter. 

“Let me go!” She hissed at me.

Neil raised an eyebrow, “Lovers spat? Well, teenagers your age never really have lasting relationships, ones that stay happy throughout their mating anyways.

“I just can’t wait to kill you!” she spat at him.

He clucked his tongue, “Promises, promises.”

It wasn’t until it was too late to block it that I realized Katy has picked up her right foot and was rearing it into my knee cap.  It didn’t matter though, I was still able to hold onto her tightly despite the pain.

Neil looked amused as she continued to struggle, “Better hurry Katy, it looks like your brother is now crippled.  It’s a shame that Lyte isn’t awake to finish him off.  Stupid mutt.”

“Kyle!” she tried pleading to me.

“Katy!” I shouted and held her closer, “It’s a trap; he wants us separated.  The faster we take care of him, the faster we will can help your brother!”

She huffed and only stilled slightly.  Good thing too since her kick to the knee was hurting like a bitch.  If she did any more damage she would cripple me.

We need a distraction. I said through our bond.

I sighed temporarily as I was finally able to be in her head again. It was bliss being connected again to my mate.

What do you have in mind? She asked me.

Well since it looks like we are fighting, I want you attack me. I said.

Attack you! She screeched into my head.

I winced. Yeah, obviously he is looking for an opening to use against us. All you need to do hit me convincingly so that I can fake a fall.  Neil is either going to go after you while your back is turned or at me since I’m ‘incapacitated’.  I’ll be ready though, and I’ll cover your back.

Fine. She huffed at me before she turned around and head butted me.

Whatever works.  Her voice rung out inside my now dizzy head.  I recovered quickly and lunged at Neil. 

Good thing too since Neil automatically lunged at Katy and not me.  Easily, I tackled him away from her and then ripped him off the floor and flung him into the wall.  Using this to my advantage, I shifted and lunged at him so I could kill him and get it over with.  At least that was what I planned until Neil flung himself away from me and shifted.

I was surprised, but it didn’t matter that he was a shifter since I was still bigger than him.  He wasn’t even a real shifter either though.  I could tell since made wolves don’t smell like born ones, I don’t know why, but they just do.

While clashing with Neil, I could hear Katy pleading Cameron to hold on, but I ignored her, praying that she could save Cam before any horrible damage took place.

Then I heard her yell, “Shit!” causing me to panic.  What was wrong?  With all my might, I lunged at Neil and was able to wrap my jaws around his neck before crushing his jugular and tossing his carcass to the floor.  Within seconds, the wolf shifted back to the human form of Neil.  He was dead for good.  My wolf huffed in relief, but that relief only lasted until we heard Katy scream.  When I turned to look at what was wrong, I nearly had a heart attack at the sight of Tyler's jaws around her throat.

*sniffle* this is the second to last chapter, I'm sad to see this story go (even though i know it's really bad)(especially since i wrote this in like 8th? grade) 

nikki :/