Chapter 47- Trust is a mirror

- x -

I stared at him intensely as he took a bite out of his big mac. The connection between us was undeniable but looking at him now all I could picture was him with HER. I bit down on my lip had I not had my payback sleeping with Andrew was that not enough. I had never felt so insecure, sure I was damaged goods and I had always felt a little insecure and unloved, but having your own mate cheat on you was a pain that was indescribable. Like father like son, I guess....

"What are you looking at" he joked seeming nervous.

"You" I sighed "You really hurt me Callum" I whispered feeling completely open and vulnerable.

He pinched his nose. "Kit I love you so much, if I didn't I wouldn't have ran after you"

"If you did you wouldn't have cheated" I retorted

"Kit she came onto me, I said no I did but she jumped on me"

I pursed my lips, the idea has crossed my mind a couple of times. "I think it was Ian" I looked to the side people were staring at us not suprising really Callum isn't your average guy. "He is a nuntius he is in a constant link with the witches, he obviously compelled her to get me angry enough to leave and help him" I shrugged leaning back in my chair and crossing my legs. I looked at his eyebrows furrow, his mouth tug on the sides so his fang was showing, and his eyes dilate.

He seemed to realise I wasn't in the least bit annoyed. "Why aren't your angry?"

I smirked "He led me to your fathers, got me answers, got me the book" I paused and smiled "And showed me how much of an asshole I didn't know you were"

That quickly made him retreat. "Callum can I give you an idea on what you did to me, I haven't really trusted anyone in a long time, your born to trust your parents as you can see that trust quickly evaporated because of that I found it hard to keep people around me. You, Dee and Daniel are the ONLY ones I have been able to trust in such a long time and out of all of them I never thought you would break that trust or hurt me like you did. I left myself open for you even though I knew I shouldn't. I believed you wouldn't do that to me for you to bang the nearest girl when she jumped you, sorry but there was me thinking you were a royal blood could you not fight off a stupid dhampir" I spat

At this point everyone really was looking at us. I smiled at them "Sorry we have a cheater here" 

A couple of the women and men booed at him.The one thing I did not expect was the teenage girl who came up to him shaking her head then slapping his across the face I mean Callum is quite intimidating looking.

The girl smiled at the me then looked back at Callum glaring then walking off.

"Kit I could have yes" he said defeated still seeming in a state of pure shock.

"Callum how did it feel when you knew I was sleeping with someone else" 

"Like my whole being was being torn in two" he whispered.

"I saw you two, I still have that image in my head and no matter what I do it won't go away" I sighed my eyes betraying as they began to water.

"Kit I'm sorry, I know I will have to earn your trust but I'm asking your forgiveness. It hasn't been easy having no emotions pushing everyone away for you to then crash into my life. It was hard Kit and I know I have messed up big time but I love you,I adore you, I want you, You make every second of my life worth it" he sighed

I rolled my eyes "Well now your getting corny"

"Do you have to ruin everything I say" he muttered

I shrugged "Now lets get some things straight, I am now in charge of this operation, you do what I say, otherwise I will leave you to finish this on my own" I took a bite of my now cold burger swallowing it down with a slurp of fanta as my craving for blood got worse. "You and your race want self-control back you best not piss me off, because I am being told different things from different people and I'm not quite sure how inclined I am to help all of you out of the mess you created for yourselves"

"Kit" he warned

"No I'm serious" i nodded to myself. I opened my book flicking through the pages as I stumbled upon a map.

"Callum who is Imelda?" I eyed him.

He looked at me nervously "The woman, Remi that my father killed who he claimed killed my mother, the one who put the spell on us all-"

"Her!" I interrupted 

"No it was her daughter she was supposed to be something big, Remi kept her under her thumb all the time" he eyed me "Why?"

"She left me a note in this book" I said pursing my lips examining the map, I so should have paid some attention in geography. "Look at this map" I asked Callum

He gave me a puzzled look. "Eh Kit the page is blank"

"What no its not!" I grabbed the book look I traced the line of the river "Some river" pointed to the mountain things "Mountains"

He shook his head "Witches don't tend to tell outsiders anything, there is obviously a spell on it"

"Oh I wonder if Ian can see it" I frowned at it. "Either way we gotta go here I think" I trailed my finger along in turning the page. Your answers lie in the passage caves...straight forward enough. I flicked the pages in the book, so man spells so many messages it all seemed to be directed to me, did they know what was going to happen to them and why didn't Imelda want me to trust the elders.

"You ok?" Callum asked 

I nodded holding my head up on my elbow, as I looked around at the people around me. An elderly couple smiling at eachother both with a coffee cup, a group of girls eyeing the guys in the far corner acting 'cool', a younger couple in eachothers arms, and people alone keeping to themselves.

"I get jealous of there lives together too" Callum murmured 

"Really?"

"Yeah" he smiled looking me in the eye. "So what do we do now?"

"We get farther away, and too the selo mountains there are passage ways under the mountains" I nodded to myself. "So you ready to go maybe risk our necks some more"

He smiled "Always"

I grabbed him roughly crushing my lips to his taking my frustration out into him he slid his hands around my waist moaning into my mouth. As we moulded together someone cleared there throat beside us I looked to see an elderly woman "Is this table free" 

I nodded in response holding in my laugh.

I looked at Callum "I forgive you, I don't trust you but I forgive you. Also if you feel your head burning or your thrown into a tree its because I'm picturing you with her so bare with me" 

"Admit it you missed me you wanted a piece of my ass" he laughed huskily.

I rolled my eyes making my way downstairs, my eyes widened as I saw Daniel sitting on Ian.

Callum came up behind me laughing. Ian looked at me "He would not get off me" 

Daniel shrugged "He wouldn't stop calling me gay" he looked at Ian "Turns out I'm gay for you Ian"

"Shut up and get off me" Ian bellowed as everyone looked at us

"Honey your making a scene" Daniel scowled

"Come on Daniel lets get out of here" I smiled at him.

 "Whoo road trip part two" he jumped up off Ian

"Fat ass" Ian muttered

I walked over to Ian "Try anything funny I won't hesitate to leave you on the side of the road somewhere" I looked at him once over "I don't trust you and I'm onto you"

We got into the car as I felt a weight push down on my shoulders and the list of people I could trust is becoming increasingly smaller.

- x -