Chapter 18 : The Best Man

edited

Amber POV:

We strolled back into the same ballroom the reunion was held with our hands entwined. Georgia and Kyle looked perfect together walking down the aisle earlier that day. Her dress was a beautiful, a floor length white gown . It was plain and simple but did wonders for her figure.

We were now at the after party, eating our dinner and watching everyone dance. Andrew got up and dragged me with him, he wanted to go be sociable and meet everyone. He was wearing the same suit but with a different tie. It was ironically, blue like my dress. That must have been the reason why Kate was taking photos of the dresses, so he could get a tie to match. I sighed and followed him around the tables. Smiling, hugging, shaking hands with everyone. It was pretty awkward since I didn't know anyone in here except Andrew's family and Georgia. We got to the table at the front, containing the bridesmaids and the best men. As we were making our way to the table, I froze. There,sat next to the maid of honour was Robbo. How had I not noticed him at the wedding? Well, there was a really tall man sat infront of me so I couldn't really see much except the happy couple.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Why was this happening to me? First Mason, now Robbo? I came to Greece for a fresh start, not to be haunted by the demons of my past. Andrew pulled me towards him but I wouldn't budge. I knew that sat at that table was Robbo. I wouldn't face him. Andrew frowned at me. "Come on Amber. I know your feet might be tired but this is our last table. Then you can sit down okay?" He said. I shook my head.

"I'm not going to that table." I firmly stated. Andrew raised his eyebrows which made me sigh. "Robbo. That's Robbo. What is he doing here?" I asked, my voice breaking while saying his name. Andrew turned around and instantly recognised Robbo. He then turned back to me and cursed under his breath.

"You mean that dirtbag is Robbo, your ex? That's Kyle's best friend. Robert Walker. The best man." He said, a confused look on his face. I slapped his arm. How could he be this stupid?

"Idiot, Robbo was the name he went by to make him seem 'badass'. He thought Robert sounded too nerdy and good boy which he obviously wasn't. His real name is Robert Walker! How come you never told me he'd be here?!" I snapped. He shrugged carelessly.

"I didn't know that he was the Robbo. Forgive me for my mistake okay?" I sighed loudly and dragged him back to our table. 

After a few minutes of socialising with Sophie, the DJ spoke loudly through the microphone.

"Okay everyone, grab a partner! I want to see everyone on the dance floor!" He shouted enthusiastically. Andrew smiled and dragged me to the dance floor. I rolled my eyes. Of course he would like to show me off to everyone.

The DJ shouted a bunch of instructions, a bit like the cha cha slide. Things like 'Spin your partner around' and 'Sway your hips'. After what seemed like forever, he said something that started off sounding like he was saying the song wss over, but he said something else instead.

"Now, switch partners and repeat it again." And before I could register what he said, Andrew was pulled away from me by one of the bridesmaids. I stood there, clueless of what to do until a strong hand grabbed mine and spun me around so was facing my new partner. I looked up and guess who it was? Robbo.

My breathing suddenly hitched at the sight of him. I looked behind me, mostly to avoid eye contact with Robbo but also to see if Andrew had noticed and he hadn't. Phew. I stared at the two dancing. They didn't look right together. He looked right with me. Not her. Dammit jealousy. Suddenly, Robbo pulled my jaw so I was facing him instead of Andrew. My heart started to beat fast due to how nervous I was. As well as my hitched breathing. He noticed my uneasy-ness and smirked mischieviously. The same smirk that made me stupidly fall for him in high school.