CHAPTER 8

Happy Reading

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alice

I reached to the sport where the whole team warms up and being a captain I always showed up first at our practices and warm ups were always led by me so whoever gets late is punished.

I started to warm up and after sometime I saw coach walking towards me.Mr.Watson,he is in his late forties,with a height of 6'2 he had always stood out in the crowd.His green eyes were always filled with warmth and had always had a twinkle in them and a little bit of stubble on his jaw completed his look.

Today everything was different about him his face was pale,the twinkle in his eyes was replaced with dullness.He didn't seem to be well.

He approached me.

"Hi Alice" ,he greeted.He never call anyone of us from our last name and has always treated us like our own child as he never had one.

"Good afternoon sir",I said.

"I need to talk to you about something",he said with his serious look on.

I nodded my head an indication for him to continue.

"From now on you'll be leading the team",he said.

"I'm already leading the team."I said.

"No,I don't mean it that way.I want you to be a captain as well as coach .I'm too sick to coach them."he said.

I thought about it for sometime and then and then made my decision."Okay"I said.

He smiled at me weakly and said that the news me being a coach is already up on the notice board and left.

I stood waiting there for everyone and one by one everyone came and asked to me about the notice stuck on the board.

The whole gang had came accept Jake,Emerald and the new player who was going to join the team from today onwards.

The team started to warm up and they hadn't reached yet.

After sometime Jake,Emerald and Mr.Insane?came running to he ground and soon they were standing in front or me taking heavy breathes.

"Lice-"Jake said breathless but I cut him off.

"Jacob and Emerald fifty laps now",I said.In the field I always called them by their full name.

"Alice but-",I cut him off again.

"Jacob and Emerald fifty laps now"

Jake gave me his puppy dog eyes.

"Jacob and Emerald fifty laps now or I'll increase the punishment"I said with my usual cold voice.

Jake and Emerald pouted at me and left for there laps.

I looked over to Mr Insane and started running our regular fifteen rounds with my team.

When I started running and suddenly he came in front of me and I stopped and then moved a little aside and started to run again but again he came in front of me and I stopped waiting for him to speak something.

"Good afternoon I'm Samuel Richards the new member of the team"he said bringing his hand forward for a handshake and suppressing a scowl to  form on his face but his eyes betrayed him and showed the irritation,frustration and haterate he had towards me.

"In that case you may join Jacob and Emerald"I said.

He scowled at me and left knowing that I was not going to budge.

After the warm up everyone started to make teams for today's match,while I left to talk to coach about the so called new member of our team.

We talked about his achievements and his captainship here before he left.

"Sam is a very nice player but is very weak at goal keeping"he said.

The match got over in some time and I paired up everyone according to their weaknesses.

Jake and Evans left for passing the ball as Jake is very good at it but Evans is very bad at it.

Whereas I paired Austin and Christian for goal keeping on the one end of the ground.

While I and Mr.Insane went to other end for our goal keeping practice.

Yes,I paired myself with him intentionally so that I could take revenge for that ice cream prank he pulled on me.

I paired everyone and they started to practice I walked over to our sport of practice and looked at Mr.Insane who was impatiently waiting for me to say something.

"We'll be practicing goal keeping and I'll show you some techniques to do it but first I want to see how you do it so that I can point where you are wrong"I said coldly playing with the ball in my hand.

He nodded his head and walked over to his spot and I walked over to mine and then I looked at him and he nodded his head indicating me to kick.

I kicked the ball with so much force intentionally that it went too fast that he couldn't register it and it fell square on his face.

Then I went to him and looked at him and he looked at me and was very angry his electric blue eyes were a shade darker because of the anger.

"You did it intentionally"he stated,it was more like a statement than a question.

Ignoring his glare I said"now I'll show you how to do it."

He didn't said anything and left to stand at the place where previously I was standing and I waited there for him to take his position.

He stood there and kicked the ball with the same force in little right intentionally trying my trick on me thinking that I'll fall o the ground too like him.

Instead I caught the ball and fell on the ground I got up and told him where he was wrong and he listened to me giving his full attention and after sometime he was able to catch some balls.

I was going to kick when one ball rolled towards his feet"Sam please pass the ball"Christian shouted from the other end of the ground.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please follow,vote and comment.