CHAPTER 23

Happy Reading

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alice

We reached Jake's house and soon everyone rushed up to shower and change in their swimming trunks and Erina in her bikini.

While everyone was changing I went to pool side which had a pool table a little away from the edge of the swimming pool.The pool side had tiled lawn and it was beautiful.

I had no intentions of getting wet or something so decided to play pool.I had just set the balls on the pool table when Erina entered the pool side.

"Are'nt you going in?"She asked gesturing to the pool.

"No."I said and Austin came in side.I've got to say that all boys in the gang have a good body with abs,well chiseled chest and broad shoulder.I've seen them walk half naked all around my house half naked.

"I'm playing with you until everyone is here."He said and I nodded and passed him a cue stick.

"Start."I said.

He started and we played on.By the middle of the game half of the boys were out of the mansion.

It was the last,eighth ball for both Austin and me.It was my turn I had the cue in perfect angle and ready to hit as I took the cue a little back to hit Samuel and Austin coming our way.My eyes widened while seeing Samuel's body.He had more well defined abs than others and was more bulky.

"Hit."Jake said they're all seeing the game but I was busy staring Samuel so I involuntary hit it and it went the wrong way.

Just then Samuel looked up the table and caught me staring at him.A smirk made its way through his face and I immediately looked down.My face turning red in embarrassment.

Austin had won the game because of my stupidity.Boys started setting up the net for playing volleyball while Erina stood beside me looking at Austin like he was a piece of meat,he caught her looking at him and smirked at which she blushed.

  Did I miss something?I just shrugged my shoulders and started arranging the balls.I was just going to play by myself as everyone were going to take a dip.   

After setting up the net guys came where we're standing.We chatted while Chris ran in the mansion to get the ball.

Suddenly Jake's cell phone started blaring Calvin Harris.We stopped the conversation for a moment then continued."Alice did you call mom yesterday after school?"he asked breaking my conversation with Phill.

"Shit."I muttered under my breath"I may have forgotten to call her."I said in a low voice.I wasn't lying I was stuck with Sam,yesterday and forgot to call her.

"Well,talk to her."Jake pressed on the speaker with a mischievous smile on his face.Urgh he did that intentionally.

"Hey!"I said trying to make my voice cheery so that I won't get in much trouble but it came out weird.

"Don't hey me young lady."Jo scolded.

"Fine.I was tired and really busy and it got out of my mind to call."I said going back to my cold usual self.

"I understand,Lice but I just wanted to talk to you and know how you're doing."she said her voice soft.That lady cared so much for me kept me like her own daughter.

I took the cell phone from Jake's hand and turned off the speaker and held it to my ear.I walked inside the mansion and sat on the couch in leaving room."I've been good."I said.

"You know you don't have to take the jobs?"she said.Jake's parents were billionaire too  and lived in the house next to ours that's how I know Jake.Mr.Anderson still lives there.

"Yes,I do but I don't want to take any money from Mr.Anderson."I said.

"You could take it from us." ;she said.

"No,Jo I don't want to be a burden." I said.

"You're never a burden to us.Even Vic wanted to talk to you you're not picking up his calls too"she said Vic was Jake's father nothing like my father cheery,funny and kind he claimed me his daughter long back and treated me like that.

"I promise I'll talk to him first thing tomorrow morning."I said and we talked a little more.

When I got back everyone was already in the pool playing volleyball passing the ball over the net to other team.

Jake walked over to me as soon as he saw me"Everything fine?"he asked when he reached me.

"Yes."I said and I gave him his phone back.

Emerald called for him to come back and not be a coward for losing and he went their and shot something back at him. 

I started playing when I felt a presence behind me.I didn't bother to turn around.I felt strong arms lifting me up I let out a squeal,just as I was going to look up at the person I was thrown into the pool splashing water on everyone who was near me.

I got on the surface and looked at the person who did this.I t was none other than Samuel I gave him an icy cold glare and remembered that day I hadn't got into water since that day.

"What the hell man?!"I said rage engulfing me.

"Calm down Alice."Jake said immediately coming by my side he knew I didn't swim after that day but he didn't knew the exact reason why.

I counted till ten and took deep breaths but that all did nothing to my anger.I got our of the swimming pool and stared at him his blue eyes held confusion and guilt.The guilt went away as soon as it came.

I walked behind him he was standing on the edge so I pushed him in the pool in anger and I walked out from Jake's mansion with everyone behind calling for me to come back.

I went out and decided to go to Racer's when I reached their I went straight to Daniel and asked him to arrange five continuous races for me by the time races finished it was already late around three in the morning.

Boys may have ordered something for themselves I had thought when I reached home I found the home silent so I thought that they may have passed out at Jake's after getting 'wasted' but when I turned on the lights I was proved wrong boxes of pizzas lying on the floor packets of doritos and lays lying all over.

I huffed and went upstairs.Then a thought crossed my mind it would be around seven in London and Vic would be up by now for his morning run so I dialed his number.He picked up at third ring.

"Hey sweetie."He said delighted.

"Hi"I said.

"How have you been my girl."He asked.

"Fine.What about you?"I asked sitting on the top stair.

"I've been nice now that you've finally found time for your young man."he said.Since I was small I had spent more time with him than my own father and I was like a daughter to him which he never had.

"I always ave time for you."I said.

"Well,glad to hear that but what are you doing up so late."He asked and I'm sure he was frowning at the other end.

"I wasn't able to sleep so thought I'd call and have a chat with you."i said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please follow,vote and comment.