CHAPTER 25

Happy Reading

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sam

When I said sorry she just nodded her head without looking at me indicating that she wasn't going to have any kind of talk with so I let her sleep.

I couldn't sleep because I had already slept in evening after the exhaustion of whole day.So I sat there watching the some action movie.

After an hour or so I heard some shuffling and mumbling in the room I looked over at where Alice was sleeping to find her shaking hysterically I went over to her and bent down beside her she was"Mom"she said her breathing was laboured "Xander"she again mumbled.

She kept on mumbling mom and Xander again and again.What was wrong with her?!Then it striked me she was having a nightmare.Sweat beads were forming on her face I shook her but it didn't help so I shook her harder then she finally woke up.

Her breathing was laboured I instantly hugged her to comfort her.I took her in my arms and looked down at her I stared at her beautiful hazel eyes trying to solve her.

She looked away her breathing was now more ragged."My pills."I said.

"What pills,Al?"I asked softly.

"Nightstand."She said breathing hard.

I looked over at the nightstand to see a glass of water and two bottles of medicines sitting there.

I instantly took them and gave it to her.I noticed that one of them was the bottle of her sleeping pills and other was some different medicine.I knew that because she takes them before going to sleep.

She took out a pill from the bottle which was not her sleeping pills and popped it in her mouth I gave her the glass of water and she quickly gulped it down.

She was still breathing hard so I hugged her again I loved the way she felt in my arms.She fit perfectly in my arms"calm down,it'll all be okay"I said and kept muttering all the soothing words I knew.

To my surprise I meant each word I said to her and was feeling very concerned towards her.She soon fell asleep and I made her lay on the bed.

I took the medicine bottle from her hands and tried to find out what the medicines were for?I read the description and my eyes bulged out of my sockets when I realized they were anti depressants.

I kept the medicine bottles on the nightstand and stared at her sleeping form,thousands of questions running through my mind.

Were the nightmares usual or it was just today?Why did she need anti-depressants?What had went so wrong in her life?

She was just a seventeen year old who was bold yet very innocent,had friends yet alone and strong yet weak.What had happened with her that she had to take sleeping pills to sleep at night and anti depressants to keep calm at day.

I decided to get my answers in the morning from her and tried to get some sleep but sleep was in no mood to come and consume me.

Her thoughts were not ready to get out of my mind.Finally sleep consumed me and I went into a dreamland.A dreamland which had Alice.

When I woke up it was forenoon Alice was still sleeping in my arms.She looked so peaceful nothing like last night.

My hands on their own accord went to her face and traced her pale skin,then went to her cheek which had the natural pink tint ,then went to her plump lips and I instantly had the urge to kiss her but I controlled myself.

I remembered when I had first met her she looked so cute when she was angry.I couldn't resist anymore so I kissed her on those pink cheeks.

She started to stir but my eyes didn't left her face.I knew I shouldn't have stayed there and instead jumped out of the bed but I stayed.

Her beautiful hazel eyes slowly opened and stared at the ceiling.She turned on her side and her eyes instantly widened and I could then see her eyes distant and I knew she was recalling what happened the other night.

She stared at my blue eyes I stared back trying to find my answers but she instantly looked away.Then it was like she realised what position we were in and jumped out of bed and rushed to the what I assumed was her walk in closet.

Once she was outside the closet she went straight to loo ignoring me.It irritated me that she was ignoring me and again I didn't know why her ignorance was irritating me.Just when she was going to close the door my eyes fell on her face and I found her blushing.

It was just for a second so I didn't knew I was imagining or I was seeing it right?

No one from the gang had disturbed us because I knew they're all sleeping.We'd decided to go to the racer's place in the evening at five and would leave for clubbing at night.

I sat there waiting for her to come out eagerly waiting for my questions to be answered but then a thought crossed my mind.Why would she answer my questions?Why would she tell me the deepest secret of my life?

I was instantly pulled out of my thoughts when my mobile started ringing.I looked down to see it was from my older sister,Elissa.

"Hey bro"she said.

"Hi"I said my voice low I didn't realise that until I heard it myself.

"What happened to my ears?Am I really hearing you sound low instead of sarcastic and cheerful?"She said teasing me.

"Oh shut it,what do you want?"I asked a little irritated.

"Can you please bring some diapers for Rose on the way home?"She asked.Instantly a smile marred my face listening her name.Rose was my three months old niece and Elissa's daughter.

"Sure I'll drop it off at your place."I said.Suddenly I heard songs blasting from the bathroom and wondered what Alice was doing taking shower or dancing.

"No.I'm going to be at yours."She said.

"Why?"I said.

"Remember we're having a late family lunch at two."She said.

"Shit."I muttered.Alice came out of the loo dressed in fresh clothes and went straight out of the room after taking some things.I wanted to stop her but I couldn't.

"You forgot it?Idiot mom's going to kill you if you're not there at time."She said.

"Yeah.I'll try to make it there in time.Is Isaac going to be there?"I asked referring to her husband.

"Yes"she said.

Soon we said our goodbyes and hung up.I went in the loo to get a quick shower and be ready for the day.

The day passed by quickly the dinner was good,we went to racers and then the party but not once did Alice left my mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please follow,vote and comment.