CHAPTER 43

Happy Reading

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alice

Sam came and sat beside me,I was looking ahead but I could feel him staring at me.Mrs.Dorlings went on with writing on the white board and explaining things for the rest of the class.

When the bell rang indicating the end of the period I quickly gathered my things and moved out of the class.I was walking as fast as possible and Sam was running behind me to catch up with me.

"Now you are going to ignore me?"He asked when he finally caught up with me.

I was going to answer but my phone started ringing.I thought it would be from Mr.Anderson as he has been bothering me since the shares came out in public.I pulled out my phone from my pocket to reject the call but stopped seeing that it was one of the members from my team.

I picked up the call"Alice Anderson."I said in a very professional tone walking towards my locker to collect the books for my next class and Sam followed suit.

"Ms.Anderson we have a good news and a bad news for you."He said.

"Good news first."I said. 

"The price of the shares are going up in the market sooner than expected."He said.

"And bad news?"I asked.

"The consignment which was to be sent to Andrews Enterprises was ruined in the way and I'm afraid to say it was done by your father."He said.

"Okay the consignment was due after ten days right?"I asked.

"Yes."He said.

"The shipping will take two days.So you've all got eight days to complete the consignment.You can add whatever is not ruined to the new one.I don't care I just want it to be done in these eight days."I said and hung up.

"What was that?"Sam asked.

"Nothing."I said.

"Finally you're talking to me."He said breathing out a sigh of relief and then smiled"I missed you so much."He said and hugged me tight.

"Okay?"I said or more like questioned.I wanted to say I missed him too but decided against it because it would have made the situation awkward. 

"Where have you been you're not replying to any of the messages or picking up the calls?What's going on?and that weird phone call you just got?"He asked frowning.

"You really don't know do you?"I asked.

"Know what?"He asked confused.

"I'm Alice Anderson."I said thinking that he will put two and two together and realize that I was the daughter of his good for nothing ideal .

"I know that."He said.

"I'm Alice Anderson daughter of Billard Anderson."I said thinking now he'd understand and he did.

"You are Alice Anderson."Sam screamed his eyes were widened in shock and some people turned to look at us.

"Can you keep it a little down?"I hissed at him.I didn't want anyone here to know who I was.

"Sorry."He said"Oh my,can I meet him please?"He asked.

"I don't-"I was saying and he cut me off.

"Please."He said desperately.

"Sam I'm sorry but you can't."I said.

"Why?"He asked the brightness in his eyes leaving.

"It's complicated."I said.

He looked in my hazel green eyes and studied me,the way he was studying me made me feel like I had my soul bare in front of him.

I averted my eyes away from him"I understand."He said and smiled he stepped forward and gave me a bone crushing hug and said"I missed you."At that moment warmth spread in my heart and I felt cared for.

I didn't know what to say so I just wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest.

After that we went on till lunch time attending class after calsses.In English I was told that I and Sam will be given a week to complete our project.The project was changed and now we were supposed to do a scene from some French drama translated in English.

When the bell rang for the lunch time I,Evan and Phil walked towards the cafeteria while walking they updated me on how the soccer practices were going.

After they were settled in there seats with there food and me with my coffee they kept going on about the progress of the players in this two months.

Every one came one by one and made themselves comfortable in their seats everyone were in there own chats and we were in our own.

Suddenly Erina stood up and said"Attention everyone!"She said to everyone on our table and we all looked at her"Since our friend Alice has worked her ass off for the last two months and has finally won the contract this is to Lice."She said raising her Diet coke for the toast and every followed suit after her raising there cokes,shakes and coffees to clink the glasses.I rolled my eyes while doing that. 

After we chatted about the contract and Mr.Knight and the upcoming marriage of his only son and the fuss media would make for the whole upcoming month.

"He invited me to the wedding after we signed the deal."I said.

"Wow."Phil said.

"You never mentioned it."Sam said frowning.

"You're lucky."Erina said.

"You sure could interact with some big businessman there in the wedding.It's a good opportunity."Sam said.

"Wait guys!"Jake butted in"He invited you and what did you say?"He continued and looked at me with scrutinizing gaze.

"I said no."I told them.

"You did what?"They all yelled in unison.

"And then he insisted that I should come and I answered I'll consider it."I said.

"You said what?"They all again yelled in unison.

"I said I'll consider it."I repeated myself knowing that they had heard e the first time itself.

"Why would you do that?"Austin asked me.

"Because I don't want to go there."I said.

"Because the wedding is in London."Jake whispered to himself but we all heard him and my head hung low everyone noticed my reaction and Jake's statement was confirmed.

I noticed Sam's reaction it was different from others.First his eyes went wide then he a little frown saying that he was confused but didn't ask anything after noticing my reaction.

Everything was forgotten as Bethany entered the cafeteria I looked at her and she had a scared face the usual confident Bethany was gone.

I stood up from my chair and walked towards her.When I finally reached her"Time to complete your end of the challenge."I said

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plaese follow,vote and comment.