Chapter 3

Scott’s Pov

“Honey I’m home!!” I sung enthusiastically, as I walked through the door to Mitch see cleaning up.

“Hey!” he said turning round, smiling, before turning back to scrub plates.

I walked up to him, hugging him from behind and nuzzling his neck and giving him a small peck on the cheek.

“You okay babe?” I questioned casually.

“Yeah I'm fine, just tired”, Mitch replied with a yawn. “The kids are in the other room”

“Okay, I'll go check on them”. I said before kissing Mitch's hair and exiting to the lounge.

“Thanks”

I walked into the lounge to find Robyn and Rosie snuggled on the couch watching tv, Freddie in Robyn’s arms. The three of them are adorable together!

“Hey, I got you some pj's at the store, do you wanna take a bath and head to bed after? I'm sure you're really tired” I said sympathetically.

“Yeah I’m exhausted. Thanks for letting us stay the night” Robyn replied timidly.

“You’re more than welcome honey and you’re gonna stay with us until we get this sorted okay honey?”

“But-”

“But nothing”, I interrupted, “You're safe with us now and you're not alone okay sweetie”

Robyn sat shocked for a minute before placing Freddie with Rosie and walking towards to me, tears in eyes before giving me a huge hug. I instantly hugged back, tears now forming in my eyes as she muttered a million “thank yous” into my chest. I broke the hug before Robyn said

“You promise were okay?”

“I promise honey” I responded, pulling Robyn back in for a hug.

“Hey what happened?” Mitch interrupted, “why's everyone crying” he added, a frown forming on his face.

“It's okay, they're happy tears” Robyn stated.

With that Mitch's frown turned into a smile as he said “Right bath time then?”

“Sounds good to me” Robyn said as Mitch walked to get Freddie and Rosie.

I walked upstairs explaining that Robyn could shower in the other bathroom and then going to run the bath for the other two.

Mitch came in and we put Rosie and Freddie in the bath whilst Robyn went to take a shower.

“Hey Scott?” Robyn called. “What stuff should I use and do you have my pj’s?”

“There's a towel on the rail and you can use whatever shampoo and stuff you want.” I told Robyn “and your pj’s are downstairs, I'll go grab them for you, one sec”

“Okay thanks”

“You're welcome” I said rushing down the stairs to retrieve the bag of stuff I had bought at the store.

I headed back upstairs to find Robyn waiting at the top. I pulled the pj's I had bought from the bag holding them up against her to see if they would fit.

“Are these okay?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I'm sure they'll fit”, She said before thanking me, taking the pj’s and walking to the shower. I walked back to the other bathroom to help Mitch with the others. Mitch was sat at the side of the tub, holding Freddie in the water as Rosie splashed about and played with bubbles the other side.