Chapter 18

Mitch’s Pov

The next morning, I woke up to Scott cuddled up to me and my phone ringing. I rolled over, making Scott grumble and answered it.

“Morning Mitch, it’s Nicole. Sorry this is very early but if it’s okay with you, we would like to come and do a house check today and then hopefully we can sign the adoption papers”

“Oh my God! Yes! That's absolutely fine! I’m so excited!”

Nicole giggled on the other end of the line, “I can tell! If it’s okay, I’m gonna be round with some  of my colleagues in about an hour?”

“Um yeah that’s perfect!”

“Okay, bye”

“Bye”

The minute I put my phone down, I leapt on top of Scott, shaking him to wake him up.

“What.. what time is it?” He  grumbled, tiredly

“It’s 7:30 but guess what?”

“Hm?”

“Nicole’s coming to do a house check in an hour and then, if it all goes well, we can finally sign the adoption papers!” I exclaimed.

“Oh my God! I'm so happy!”, Scott said, now fully awake. He engulfed my in his arms, hugging me tightly and littering my face with kisses. “I can’t believe this is finally happening baby! I can’t wait!”

“Me neither, but we need to shower and sort some things oy and we only have an hour!”

“Well we could always save time and shower together?” Scott said, a seductive tone to his voice.

“Okay, but we have to be quick!”, I said, winking at him before grabbing his hand and pulling him to the bathroom.

------------------------

We were sat, cuddling on the couch when the doorbell finally sounded. I jumped up and practically ran to the door, Scott trailing behind.

“Heya”, I said, answering the door to Nicole.

“Hi Mitch, Hi Scott”

“Come in, does anyone want a drink?”

“No we're fine, thanks anyway”

Two of her colleagues went upstairs while Nicole stayed downstairs. We had been told to sit in the kitchen until they were done which made my anxiety build up.

“Hey, baby”, Scott said as he clearly clocked I was anxious, “Don't worry, the house looks amazing and they’ve let the kids stay before. It's gonna be fine”

“Promise?”

“Promise”, He said, cuddling me in his arms, comforting me.

“Heya, sorry for interrupting, but were done”

“And?”

“The house is perfectly fine guys! You've done an amazing job decorating! I’m sure the kids will love it”

“Wait does that mean?”

“Yep, you can sign the papers,” Nicole said as she pulled some documents from her bag.

I wrapped my arms tightly around Scott, tears of joy running down my cheeks.

“I love you baby” Scott whispered in my ear

“I love you too”

“Right, you just need to read this box and sign here”, Nicole said, Directing my attention to the table were the papers lay.

I looked at Scott, to make sure he still wanted to do this. He smiled and I grabbed the pen, scanning the writing and then signing it, in sync with Scott.

This was it! We were now parents.

------------------------------

I didn't get much sleep last night, but today was the day. The kids were coming home! I set my alarm for 5am as the kids were being dropped off at 7 and I wanted every little thing to be perfect. Scott woke up with me and went out to get Starbucks while I stayed at home doing some last minute cleaning. I even made cookies yesterday for them, hoping to make them feel more at home. We had bought them new clothes, made their rooms look immaculate and made sure they had more than enough toys to play with. We just wanted them to be happy. They were all so young and they deserved happiness right now more than anyone. I just hoped we could give it to them.

Scott got back with Starbucks and we got ready pretty quickly. I was so excited, I was practically bouncing off the walls all morning. 6:45 rolled around and both Scott and I were sat in the lounge, the tv on but neither of us paying much attention.

“Mitch?”

“Yes baby?”

“What if they don't like us? What if they want to go back?”, Scott asked, tearing up.

“Oh, sweetheart come here”I said opening up my arms for Scott to cuddle in. “I'm sure they be happy. I mean Rosie adores you. She even called you Daddy in the trial. Trust me, that little girl loves you more than anything baby. And Robyn loves you as well. You’ve helped her overcome her doubts so much in the last few months. She knows you’ll always be there. And Freddies only a little baby. We’re almost gonna be like his real parents. The kids love you so much. I promise you”, I said, rubbing his back and absentmindedly playing with his hair.

“I love you” Scott said as I finished

“Love you too baby, forever”, I said, tilting his chin up and pressing my lips to his.

Then the doorbell rang.

A/N Sorry if this chapter was really short and boring. Also if the ending of this book is bad, I'm very sorry. I kinda just wanna get it finished asap so sorry if its bad but thankyou so much to everyone that actually reads this, even thought its awful 😂😂