Chapter 19

Scotts Pov

Oh my God. This was it. They were here! I took a deep breath, composing myself, before standing up and holding a hand out for Mitch. He took it and we walked to the hallway to answer the door. I reached out for the handle, turned it, and opened the door.

“SCOTTIE!” Rosie screamed jumping up into my arms instantly. I burst into tears as I cradled her in my arms. Mitch was also in tears, Robyn cuddled into his chest.

“I missed you so much Princess!”

“I missed you lots and lots too Scottie”

“Aww she's been excited all day!” Nicole said, putting their bags inside, still holding Freddie

“Here, let me help you”,I said, putting Rosie down next to Mitch and giving Nicole a hand. Soon after, Mitch took Freddie and we said our goodbyes to Nicole.

Robyn rushed over to me, wrapping her arms around me, tears in her eyes.

“Hey, it's okay. You're home now”

“Thank you. Thank you for not leaving me”

“Oh honey, we'd never leave you behind. I promised you, didn't I?”

“I know. But thank you so much”

“Well you might have more to thank us for soon”

“What?”

“Well, we have a surprise for you!”

“I wanna see!” Rosie interrupted.

“Well let's go!” Mitch said, outstretching his free hand for Rosie to take. We got to the first floor and I opened Freddie’s door.

“Oh my god! It’s beautiful!” Robyn said in tears.

“You have Kirsite to thank for that”

“This must have cost so much!”

“You're worth it. You all are!”

“Wait! You didn't-”

“We did!” Mitch exclaimed

“What did you do?” Rosie asked.

“We made you a princess room! Do you wanna see it?”

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Rosie screamed, jumping up and down.

Mitch put Freddie in his cot and followed Rosie, Robyn and I upstairs.

“Ready Rosie?” I asked, my hand on the handle.

She smiled excitedly and nodded violently.

“Okay, 1 2 3”

He little face lit up when she saw her room. She ran inside and ran around looking at everything, smiling and screamed at all of it.

Mitch and I stood watching her happiness. I was so relieved she liked it. Her reaction was priceless.  I'll never forget it.

“Do you like it?”

“YES! It's so pretty. Thankyou Scottie, thank you Mit Mit!” she said running over into Mitch's arms.

“You're welcome sweetheart”, Mitch said.

“Is it all mine?”

“Of course!”

Rosie squealed and wiggled out of Mitch's arms, rushing to the toy box. She got out a few barbies we had bought her and began playing sweetly.

“Thank you, really. This is amazing. You really didn't have to this.” Robyn said, getting emotional.

“We wanted to. After all you've been through, you deserve it. Especially you”, I said as I took her hand and walked her to her room, along from Rosie’s.

“You even made a room for me?”

“Of course we did honey.

“You really didn't have to. You didn't have to do any of this. You've done so much already. These must have cost so much and taken so long. I'm sorry. I wish I could have told you we didn't need them.”

“Oh sweetheart. We wanted to do this for you. We wanted to make you happy. It doesn't matter about the cost or how long it took us. We were just trying to make you feel at home. We're sorry if we upset you hun.” Mitch said

“No! It's fine. You didn't upset me. This means the world to me, but I don't deserve the world.”

“You deserve the world and so much more. Believe me. You're amazing.”

“Thank you guys. Really, everything you've done is so nice.” Robyn said, a few tears falling.

“Come here”, I said, enclosing her in a hug.

“I l-love you guys”

“We love you too honey. So much”, Mitch said, wrapping himself around us.

“Do you wanna see your room now?” I asked.

“Yes please.”

“Okay. We hope you like it!” Mitch said,

Robyn slowly turned the handle and opened the door.

Before I knew it, she was on the floor in tears.

Mitch and I both rushed to her sides.

“Oh my gosh sweetie! Are you okay?”

She nodded into my chest, a smile appearing on her face to my relief.

“I'm s-sorry. It's just so b-beautiful”

“Aww, we're so glad you like it sweetheart”

“I don't just like it, I love it!” she said, making Mitch and I chuckle.

“We put some pictures of is up. It's to try and make you feel at home, but you can always take them down” I explained.

“No, they're so sweet! I love them!”

“Ooo Robyn's rooms pretty!” Rosie said, walking into the room.

“Well you two both like it then!”

“But my rooms prettier!” she sassed, sticking her tongue out at Robyn.

“Oh is it now?” Robyn said she scooped up Rosie and pinned her down tickling her, both of them giggling together. It was the best sight ever. Seeing those poor kids happy, smiling. 

------------

At about 9, we put the kids to bed.

“Come on Rosie, into bed”

“But I not sleepy!”, She protested.

“Well how are you meant to be a pretty princess without your beauty sleep?”

“Okay, but can I have a story?”

“Of course sweetheart, now in you get”, I said as I pulled her bed sheets back. She climbed in, grabbing her Rilakkuma teddy and cuddling it close to her.

“What story do you want?”

“Um, Cinderella!”

“Okay, Princess. Once upon a time…”

-----

“The end”, I finished. I looked over to find Rosie, snuggled up, fast asleep. I put her book back quietly and gave her a kiss on her forehead quickly before turning on her night light and leaving her room. She was so adorable. I couldn't believe she was my little girl. That feels so weird to say, but she was. I had a family with the man I loved. Everything was perfect.

“Scott! Robyns gone!”

A/N Sorry this story has kinda gone to shit. But its finished now and should be up in a few minutes.